Benabik's Wish List
A long-time semi-curated list of items is below, but here's a quick version for birthday 2019:
- Bluetooth Kit for my Highlander (with Navigation, Pure Bluetooth) Every little adapter thing I've tried annoys me in one way or another. This is a built-in solution.
- Oculus Quest Looks like fun, heard good things.
- Prusa Mini small 3D printer from one of the most respected names in the business.
- Altairduino Kit. A recreation of the good old Altair blinkenlights panel. I've been tempted to build one from scratch, but this looks simpler and prettier.
- RC2014 Plus (or Pro). Again, something I've been considering building from scratch, but I'm not adverse to a kit because it would remove a lot of hassle.
- Pyra Pre-Order
- Retroflag GPi CASE and RPi Zero W
- Neat LEGO sets: Voltron, TRON: Legacy, Eiffel Tower, Apollo 11 Lunar Lander
- Switch Games: Super Mario Maker 2, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
This list is drifting out of date. I should clear this out... Or just start over. I gave it a once-over in September 2019.
Wow, this list is getting long. But really, this is just a dump of “Hey this stuff is cool!” Anytime I run across something interesting, I’m putting it here. Look at the upside: It gives you lots of choices if you want to give me a gift. ~_^
I split up my Amazon list into a few different topics:
- Main List – Books, Toys, Board Games
- Academics – Mostly textbooks, kinda expensive but neat
- Video Games (see also my Steam list)
- RPGs – Role Playing books
I’ve sorted the list into categories. If there are just dots next to each item, then it’s not in any real order. If it’s numbered, then that list is sorted in how much I want it (relative to the other stuff on that list). Anything with a strikethrough (
like this) I already have or someone is getting me. Anything in bold is something that stands out from the rest of that section as a distinct “I want THAT!”
Do read the entire list. Just because it’s near the bottom of the page doesn’t mean I want it any less.
- 3-D Printer
- Yaesu VX-8R
- GPS attachment
- Kenwood TM-D710A
There are a wide variety of video games on my Amazon list, and a bit more on my Steam wishlist
Retrode is an interesting device to haul out my old SNES games…
Here’s a list of new/most interesting games:
- Axiom Verge (Switch)
- Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
- Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
- Luigi's Mansion 3 (Swtich)
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Switch)
- Playstation 4
So iTunes has a “Wish List”, but it appears to act far more like a shopping cart than a wish list. The easiest way to help me buy the $100+ of media I’ve found on iTunes is to buy me an iTunes gift card. But if you want to know what I’m looking for on iTunes (and so I can find it later), here’s a list:
These are things NOT on the Amazon list. The Amazon list should have a large variety of books to choose from.
Some Series I’d like:
- Basically anything by Brandon Sanderson
- Alloy of Law
- The Gateway/Heechee books by Frederick Pohl
Card & Board Games
- Power Grid (on Amazon List)
- Escape the Dark Castle
- Viktory II
- Settlers of Catan expansions: (also on Amazon list, but wanted to emphasize)
- 5&6 player expansion
- Cities & Knights: 5&6 player expansion
- Stuff from Looney Labs
- Pandora’s Box (Wooden box with Fluxx burned into the top. Neat.)
- Aquarius (card game)
- kuuduk. It’s a card game by a company called Toy Site. Looks like fun.
- Crows from Valley Games
- Home Depot gift card
- Someone to fix my shed
- Gunsmith Cats
- Angelic Layer (Have 1 & 2)
I already have some series, will add them when I remember.
This is a list of stuff that I don’t really expect to get… But there’s no harm in asking, right?
- Toyota Prius