07.12i: Church and State

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.12i: Church and State

Post by Joshua »

"Very well, Amber. I do not care the face that speaks, only who's behind the words." The voices say. "I will decide who to send. Lane has been a most effective voice there. But, someone with less independence may be better. This will be pondered and decided. You have given much to reflect on."

The line will cut out. Lane, who has been watching the entire time will gulp and pale. "So, uh... I'm late for the party... did you need me for anything more?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron slowly hangs up the phone and leans back, dropping the Pattern he was holding in mind and it seems like almost all the energy falls at once. He stumbles to take a seat, eyeing his notes, then looks up to Lane.

"I think.. that went better than any of us had dared hope. I hope you understand you won't need to keep this secret from the various Courts, but it's probably best that others don't know about it. Well, that's what I think; the others might overrule."

"Right now, I need to contact the others, and get myself a stiff drink. Not sure if it'll be in that order, either." He stands again, and holds a hand out to Lane.

"Please forgive me the suddenness of my arrival and the coareness of the request. I hope this doesn't negatively impact relations."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"No, if it was going to be an issue, you'd know." Lane will state. "If you will excuse me then..." He will close the phone back into the podium, and head out.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron sits for a long time, considering his notes and what has transpired. He doesn't even realize how much time is passing until he notices night has fallen, deep in thought as he had been. Fumbling for his deck, he pulls out Harrune's card first.

<<Sorry this took so long. It was a lot to digest, and it felt.. strange. I presume everyone is at the party? If so, I will dress appropriately and be there in haste. There is.. a lot to discuss.>>

Regardless of what, he will already start making his way toward Ht'gon and his personal chambers. He has to dress for a ball, and a debrief. And perhaps war. Or worse, maybe, peace.

(OOC: Very, very sorry this took so long to get back to.)
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

<<No need for apologies. Proper negotiations take time. My own reconnaissance was a bit rash and definitely too rapid and I fear that has complicated things. I am glad that you did not repeat my mistakes. As to your question, I have not seen Oberon, Quin or Dworkin but I suspect they will arrive soon if they are not already here. I believe the rest are here now. We shall talk when you arrive.>>
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Min (Father Stoarmroar) already has a formal outfit for Cameron selected. It's warm (dead of winter and all that), and at least clean and nice, a sort of formal soldier's uniform.

He's got a combat-priest outfit (like WWII chaplain) for himself, although it does have holders for a kanabo across his back*. It is, ironically, peace tied.

Post by khadjair »

Cameron dresses quickly, though still make sure things are just so, to the point of procrastinating before finally he'll concede he's ready (this may be after getting threatened with dire consequences for stalling), then it's off to the party.