07.11a: Wyllt Inc. Leaves

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.11a: Wyllt Inc. Leaves

Post by Joshua »

Myris will ponder a bit... the short of what's banned: Necromancy, involuntary enchantment, and any form of magical enslavement. There are others, but mostly esoteric things like no radiation or pollution leaks.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Yeah, that all makes sense. And the punishments for breaking those rules? And while we're at it, a couple of other questions. I definitely have more I could learn. If I don't join, could I still take classes here and if so what are the fees? Also, who is in charge here...and how did he get that job?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Punishment varies with the crime. Mostly sanctions, although extreme things include duels and worse. Still, major problems would be coordinated with the guards." Myris will answer. "Classes are only for members* although we do have an agreement with the castle mages. Fees on that are low, as we do have a reciprocal agreement for those seeking more combat teaching."

"In charge? That's Guildmaster Wyllt. He was one of the first mages in Amber, and the first to choose the organization. It helps he knows Guildmaster Teusus, and was able to negotiate a higher rate than most. Both are from some... Greek or Roman** analog."
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Guildmaster Teusus? Can't say the name rings a bell, but that's hardly surprising. Always helps to have good connections. To be honest, that's part of why I'm here. I'm trying to sort out which are the good connections to have."

"Let me ask you another question. I'm new here, and still learning how things work. What do you think if the worst problem facing the city?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Aside from the lack of resources, lack of planning, high crime, pollution, unemployment, lack of cohesive leadership, overcrowding... I'd have to say that the fact we're seven years old and have almost a separate culture for each citizen is the biggest issue." He will state. "It makes the rest a bigger jumble because everyone is used to doing things the way of their home shadow, and the rules, simply don't work that way here."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"Wow, that's quite a list for 'worst problem'. I gotta say that I've seen a lot of that list already myself. Seems to me the time to have addressed a lot of that would have been in the early days. I guess back then things were small enough for a laissez faire attitude to work. Now..." He shrugs. "Trying to straighten this all out will be one helluva job."

"Sounds to me like a lot of this comes back to that no one sees this as 'home'. People will work to make home better, but someplace they are just passing through, not so much. Then again, the conditions make it hard to love the place. It all just circles back on itself."

Spellbinder sighs. "Well, you've certainly given me a lot to think about. Membership is definitely on that list. Thank you for your help Myris."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

As you attempt to exit the building you are intercepted by Wyllt, 'cause he's been spying on you your entire visit and makes sure he says hello as things wind down.

Wyllt is in a slightly formal toga made of pure white spidersilk. A tree-like emblem is embroidered across his back and on a patch over his heart in the same silk, creating an almost invisible image. He walks directly up to Spellbinder and offers a firm handshake. "Greetings... Spellbinder is it? Nice code-name. I'm Guildmaster Wyllt and I'd like to welcome you to our city. Rumors travel fast and I am hoping you would consider our humble guild as a place to enact positive changes."
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

Spellbinder returns the handshake. "Greetings Guildmaster. I've seen that rumors travel very quickly here, and the walls have ears. As for the Guild, I am considering it. You've heard the rumors so you know I'm very new here. Fortunately I've found a guide to help show me around. I'm checking things out. I have to know the options before I can make any choices."

"Positive changes? This city certainly needs them. Home had its flaws, but they weren't as," Spellbinder struggles to find a word, "universal as they are here. I think I've only seen the tip of the iceberg so far. It is a bit overwhelming, but it's just like eating an elephant..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Why would you want to...." Wyllt will pause. "Oh, I haven't heard that one before. I assume the creature isn't a delicacy in your world?"

"If you want, we can also provide a guide. Although, from the rumors*, you may be able to acquire a more useful one. Still, we'd be willing to match anyone else's offer." he will smile, although it's a little predatory (He wants your prestige and really wants to do something for you that will pay back in spades.) "I can offer a more direct description of our philosophy and our actions, if you want."
_________
*: That you're an Amberite. whatever that means.
Spellbinder
Missing Some Marbles

Post by Spellbinder »

"A delicacy? No. I'm sorry, I gotta be more careful with the cultural references. It's a joke from home. 'How do you eat an elephant?' The answer is 'one bite at a time'. The point being if a job is too big to be done in one swing take it a little at a time."

"Chance, my guide, has done very well by me so far." Spellbinder grins. "Anyone who can find a decent chili dog in this town deserves some respect. There may be parts of town he doesn't know as well. If I find I need another guide I will keep your offer in mind."

"About that other offer, yeah, I'd like to know more about the what's and why's of what you do here."