07.06a: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 1)

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.06a: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 1)

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

(OOC: as a note, Lyra and Rasanam have been around Amber for about a month so far. This hasn't helped to lessen Lyra's feeling or being an outside at Ht'Gon as much as she's like. She's still a recent arrival and her half dark-elf form is much less "monstrous" than most of the fort's other inhabitants which has made acceptance there a slow thing.)

"Ahh yes, Quin would be helpful. Maybe a few of us can get together with Nemo and work out a basic outline of the sort of resources we'll need. Once we have enough details figured out we can proceed. I'd just like to see this happen soon to avoid any more misunderstandings. I'll have Nemo plan a meeting and let us know when and where and then we can attend or send representatives as we see fit. We can schedule it around any pre-existing plans anyone has. And thank you of course for lending me your ear and for the pleasure of your company."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Yes, sooner would most definitely be better than later. It sounds like an excellent plan to me. I'll start looking into things on my end. Let me know what we need and I'll do what I can to make it happen. And any time you have an idea to help Amber and her people my ear is yours. As for the pleasure of my company, I think you have more than adequately paid for that with the pleasure of yours. That's why I prefer gatherings like this. Dancing is always more pleasant than sitting around a conference table."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"I quite agree! I'll get things started and get back to you soon." Lyra will leave Harrune with a light peck on the cheek and a curtsy before retreating, taking note of where Morgana (I assume she's still dancing?) and her husband are.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune is left standing alone in the middle of the dance floor. He will look around and touch his cheek where Lyra kissed it. In a voice theatrically pitched so those dancing nearby he says, "Well, that never happens to Rogbar." He will then retreat from the dance floor.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will take this moment to cut in on Harrune*. "I suppose, although if you wanted that kind of attention, I'm sure Quin would be more than happy to give it. Still, I couldn't help but overhear your request for organizing a welcome committee of some kind. I'd like to help."

Post by misfit »

If Darnell is stepping in to dance, Harrune will oblige (and lead by the way). "Well if you overheard then you know as much as I do about it. Your help would be greatly appreciated. This festival has brought in some new blood at our level...and returned some of our missing members. It seems that is what we really needed to start making things better here."

"Speaking of which, have you had any thoughts for improving our own Court and the lot of our people? I know it hasn't been long since I asked people to start thinking about it, but..." Harrune shrugs.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

For the record, Darnell is comfortable letting you lead.

"Well, I don't think 'greeter' is an appropriate place to put Ossian. I could be persuaded to do that. Or at least, to do support for whoever gets the real position. We're in an odd situation in that most of our newcomers head to the city first. Where as most Ht'Gon peopel end up at the fort, and Rebma ends up down here." Darnell thinks a moment. "Quin does a decent job of dealing with new amberites, those who have bothered to talk to him. Although, maybe we should do a 'kidnapped by Dworkin' support group."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Thank you my friend. Personally, I would prefer you in a supporting role on this effort. Whoever is in charge will be kept busy, and might not be able to get away if we need them for something more pressing. Being kept busy might be good for Ossian, but I don't think this would be the best way to do it...and I doubt he would think so either. He would need something he would see as more important. He has many excellent qualities, but his ego can make him difficult to deal with."

"And of course most of our newcomers head to the City first...after all we don't have a place of our own, just an enclave in the city. It makes us almost squatters or vagabonds. I'd like to do something about that, but I haven't come up with a good idea of what. If we were to move outside the city proper we would be leaving our castle behind. Living in the castle doesn't seem like a very good option right now either."

"As for your support group, perhaps that would be helpful to some. Personally my relationship with Dworkin has been much more...relaxed...than most. To the best of my knowledge he had nothing to do with my arrival here and never made me feel forced to walk the Pattern. Others were not so fortunate. Some to bear some animosity towards Dworkin and if they could put that behind them it might make them more engaged in events here in Amber. We could certainly use their active aid."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Just to clarify Lyra's location and current activities, if Morgana takes a break from dancing, Lyra will engage her. Otherwise, she's content to be arm candy for her husband for a bit and does her best to follow their magical discussions.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Darnell will nod. "Perhaps it might be good to talk to each other about our experiences. I couldn't imagine not wanting this, but I know a number of us have skirted responsibility. Perhaps it is the nature of Tir-Na to not cause that sort of thinking?"