07.04b: Black Horse Race

The goings on of courts
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.04b: Black Horse Race

Post by Krajk »

Krajk sets the outfit down on a nearby chair before leaning back against the wall once more. One eyebrow arched, he says, "Why would I reference 'Rebma'? It is a strange name for a strange place I had never seen or heard of until recently. Remen's waters may have been fouled from too much city, but it was a massive port that brought in people, prey, and curiosities from its known world and even beyond. As for why I am here, I was hired by one who sought a bodyguard that was able and willing to travel across planes." A moment's pause, and then, "And what of you, feathered one?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"Me? I'm one of the nobles of this castle, for what it's worth." The Raven pauses for a second, suddenly coming to a realization. "I suppose that technically makes me the official Amber welcoming party... doesn't it? That will be why I'm here, then."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"I think you're a bit late for that," comments Alys. "That was Ossian. And Will, and Rolf, and Richard. And possibly even Dworkin."

She turns to Krajk. "Rebma, because that's where the ball is this evening. Hopefully you're not averse to standing around under a few thousand tons of water?"
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"I, for one, don't usually find castle guards very welcoming, as it's their job not to be. I guess that's a matter of opinion though. And Dworkin only welcomed one of the two guests, it seems."
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

"I find the welcoming of guards tends to vary largely upon means and circumstances of arrival and whether or not the one arriving is tolerable, both by personal and official standards." Krajk's voice as he says this is suspiciously bland. He then returns to Alys' question, saying (in a somewhat droll tone), "Assuming wherever this ball it does not itself have issues with such a weight, then I do not."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"Well, it wasn't that long ago the guards were still trying to chase me off, thinking me a common pest, so maybe I'm biased."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys raises an eyebrow. "Whatever else you may be, common pest you are not."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

"I'll take that as a compliment. I would never want to referred to as "common" anything."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"And I certainly wouldn't call you a pest either", Lyra remarks as she rounds a corner into view. She gives Raven a pleasant smile then addresses the group gathered outside the closed door. "Greetings all, especially to our new guest" Lyra says with her typical polite curtsy.
Krajk
Needs a Guide

Post by Krajk »

Krajk will greet the new arrival with a brusque nod.