07.04a Jousting Field

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Re: 07.04a Jousting Field

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra's slight embarrassment at the discussion of the difficulties and downsides of aerial jousting is erased at Alys' words. Nodding to Alys' already retreating back, Lyra takes out her deck and shuffles to Quin's card. Her eyes close momentarily, still unused to using Trump, as she attempts to contact him.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

After the trump call... The black-horse knight is getting out of his armor. He's got a patch over one eye, and is in his late 50s. He does take the time to congratulate Ossian on the victory, before starting to depart...
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys, after a (very) brief chat with Oberon, starts moving to surreptitiously follow the one-eyed knight.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ossian will bow out of the next joust, explaining that he wished to test his strength against the current champion. He will duck behind a nearby tent and a golden eagle will fly out from behind it, a card clutched in it's talons.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra watches Alys' retreating back for a few moments before surreptitiously shuffling to a different card. Though he's standing right next to her, Alys' apparent concern over the knight's identity has her in a cautions frame of mind so, rather than speaking her thoughts, Lyra sends a message to Harrune via Trump.

"Who knows how long Alys will be gone for...so I thought I might start to fill you in on some of the information she presented to Morgana and me last evening. Trump seemed the best way to avoid prying eyes and ears. I'd wait for her to tell you all of this but it could be important soon, depending on who that knight she's following is. The short version is that she spoke to us of a place called Chaos, another reality that casts shadows much as Amber does. It's full of Shapeshifters that are lacking in sanity and who quite possibly have a burning hatred for Dworkin and this place he's created...She took off after that knight because she thinks he might be one of them. Of course my shape-shifting has the same sort of...aura? So he could be something else, but better to be cautious."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune's gaze never leaves the action in front of him. To all the world he stills seems focused on the affairs of the jousting.

Mentally he will respond. "Thank you for keeping me informed. Caution is always the wise course. I have heard a few mentions of Chaos, but nothing concrete. It would seem that I need to get to know this Alys better. Every time I turn around lately my list of things to learn grows longer."

"Also, you may want to practice a bit more with Trump. I helped with the early testing, so I went through the same thing. You don't need to close your eyes. If you need someone to practice with I wouldn't mind at all. Also, if you need I can show you a few tricks about palming the cards so it's less obvious that you're holding one."

"And if your will is strong enough you should be able to contact the mind of another without using the card. It is easiest with touch, but if you're strong enough if can be done at a range. Generally speaking you do need to be able to see the person. But it will let us talk to others who don't have Trump at need. Also, it can be forced...but I know of no way to do that without it being obvious. That one you should probably practice with Rasanam. It is too easy to let things slip that you might not otherwise wish to. There was one time that I...well I suppose you don't need to hear about that incident."

"But back to the issue at hand, if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. Amber is home and I would do what I can to protect her."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Lyra similarly watches the competition continue. "Thanks for the offer. Palming cards can have a number of uses I'm sure. As for Alys, she's certainly interesting and I plan to get to know her much better as well. There's more she wanted to tell you but I can let her go into that herself, so I don't overstep my bounds. I was going to try and get some answers about my home and how it relates to here with her this morning but that'll have to wait until we know what the knight is about. And of course if there's anything I can do to help Tir'na Nog'th or you personally, just let me know as well."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"I certainly respect your discretion. We all have our secrets. It seems Alys is willing to share those that could threaten us, and I respect that greatly as well. I look forward to hearing what she has to share. I find it interesting that she arrives so close to the festival with knowledge of a new danger, she hasn't been formally presented to the Courts, but she was included in the Trump decks. Very interesting indeed. It would seem a bit much to be pure coincidence."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune will continue via Trump, "Well, I think that wraps up everything that is pressing at the moment. If you'll excuse me, I have finished what I came here for. If there's anything else you need, don't hesitate to contact me."

Harrune will stand and speak aloud. Forgive me for not staying longer Lady, but I do have affairs of state to attend to. Enjoy your day and I will see you this evening, if not before." Harrune will bow, and unless Lyra stops him he will move on to other business.

(OOC: I should have mentioned this earlier. I'm assuming that Lyra would have a high enough Psyche to have noticed. When she arrived, Harrune was uncomfortable about something. Even when supposedly watching the jousting his attention was elsewhere. When he is leaving he relaxes. It is all very subtle. He is clearly trying to hide it, and very few people would see it, but it is there.)