07.12e: At the Practice Yards

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.12e: At the Practice Yards

Post by Joshua »

"There are others who know how to bend Shadow." Dworkin will add, "What was new was the comparison. You recognized the Rebma Pattern, no one else could... Or, at least, tell it was different from any other. That is unique knowledge. As for the other, it is no different than your cani abilities; probably the same."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys takes this opportunity to bow out of the conversation, taking a few moments to speak with one of the sergeants overseeing the training drills*, and then heading back towards Ht'gon.

_____
* Exactly what's said here isn't really important; it's probably something along the lines of 'good work, but you may wish to consider...' followed by some suggestion for how the training regimen might be improved or a particular flaw one of the practicing guards is demonstrating.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"True, but I do think I have made quite a bit of progress in the past...week. It may seem to be a small enough accomplishment to you, but it is fairly large by my standards. All things are relative I suppose."

"As for noticing the differences, walking the various Patterns will teach one that. The fact that I was carrying the Tir-Na Pattern in my mind as I walked the Rebma one was no doubt a factor too. But the Patter does force one to pay attention while walking."

"As for differences between the Pattern, I have been noticing some differences in Veils as well. Each time there seems to be an underlying theme, and I think it's a bit different for each Pattern. I am not sure that I am ready to expand on that before walking the Ht'gon Pattern, assuming that I am allowed to do so. None of us seem eager to share our experiences with the Veils. They seem very personal. Even still, my own experiences have been enlightening."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That's an interesting proposition." Dworkin will admit... and ask a few follow-up questions about the veils. He will produce a sketchpad as you answer (Assuming you do) and sketch the patterns you were walking and what the effects seemed to be. "A subtlety I had ignored. I wonder if it will matter."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune's ears perk up. He noticed something about the Pattern that Dworkin had not? That is a startling concept.

"As I said, it is always a deeply personal experience. I would ask that you not share this with anyone else, but in none of us talk about it then we'll never know for sure." Harrune will go on to answer Dworkin's questions as completely and frankly as he can...but keeping his voice down so as not to be overheard.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Unfortunately, the conversation is over. After the initial sketches, which he doesn't actually thank you for, he loses himself in postulations and formulas about the shape of the patterns and possible psychometric effects. He's theorizing a language and relating it to some kind of perfect language* that you've never heard of.