07.11h: Dungeons of Inconvenience

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.11h: Dungeons of Inconvenience

Post by Joshua »

Most of the prisoners are half-dead. Those that are not are 3/4 dead. Although at least one is willing to almost kill himself to save others. Oh, and there is a healer there at the moment, I really don't have a good description, but it's not the goblin shaman.

The zombies are still dangerous, but with the flesh-warping abilities of the hammer, they are seriously slowed, as that's one type of damage they don't heal from. (Fire being another.)

The necro-tech lizards, however, are starting to prepare for a more focused attack through the hole in the ceiling however.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

With Alys taking down the main entry, the only way out will be the path up that Cameron was trying to get out of earlier. Alternating blows between the forces massing above and the rubble pile, he starts to create a series of steps and ramps. Any time it looks like the few defenders down below are about to get overwhelmed, he'll jump down to try and beat back some zombies, even a couple of times annealing them right into the barricades, flesh melding to metal just like any metal would.

Realizing he needs to buy a little time, he ruffles through his satchel for a small flask of lab-grade ethanol and stuffs a strip of cloth into it. Using a torch to light it, he tosses his makeshift molotov cocktail at the zombies massing slowly behind his barricade, to hopefully give him time to try and prevent being swarmed from above.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Where are we in the Castle? Can we just go through the walls of are we under the moat?" The healer will ask*.

The zombies are less and less of a threat. Again, they can't heal from the hammer. You're holed up in a very defensible position at the moment, and the steps are almost up to the ceiling. Most of the lizardfolk are not ready to be moved, despite the healer's best work.

Post by khadjair »

Cameron pauses for a moment to take a look around, swatting at a probing spear with his hammer as it threatens to interrupt him.

"I have no idea. Traditionally the dungeons are below surface level, but you never want to build anything but an escape route under a moat. I'm hoping there's some sane architectural principles at work. So we might be able to go through a wall... but we might reach rock. And honestly.." Cameron looks up at the ceiling, where pieces of debris continue to fall at times, "I'm not sure that this whole castle won't come down on our heads if we start messing with structural walls."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Thankfully, they seem to be running low on both necro-lizardfolk and zombies.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Almost exactly a minute later, the light and heat (mostly) fade, and Alys returns with a smug and self-satisfied expression. After a quick glance over the room - and its rather depleted level of zombies - she takes the time to shift back to (almost) human and re-acquire her weapons and cloak. Then she starts toward the stairs Cameron made.

"Looks like you have things well in hand here," she comments to Cameron. "One of us should probably check on how the others are getting along, though - and, no offense, but I think I can catch up to Tinder and Jiga a bit more quickly than you could."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron nods to that. "Certainly. I think we're just about done here, and frankly... moving the wounded out will take time anyway. I'll hold down the fort here," he gestures vaguely with the hammer, "and supervise the rest of the evacuation. If anything is needed, I have my deck, too."

He pauses for a minute, eyeing his handiwork again. "And if there is a fight going on, you'll be far more useful than I."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

With Alys gone, this is going to montage until the other threads catch up with it.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

((OOC aside: I figure Alys probably makes it up to the main hall after everyone currently there has departed... which might mean she gets there just in time to meet roachface coming the other way.))

((Edit: And hey look at that, new thread over here.))
Last edited by Wyvern on Mon May 11, 2015 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: New thread!)