07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

The goings on of courts
User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will shrug. "Talk soon then. Besides, I have twenty riding on the centaur..."

(Loud smashing noise)

"Crud..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2278
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Wyvern »

Alys rolls her eyes and shakes her head at Dworkin's jest*, and heads out to go talk to Krajk.

_____
* Of course it's a jest. She saw that result coming a (figurative) mile away; so obviously Dworkin must have also, and any bet he placed on Nessus was part of some sort of joke. Obviously.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2278
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Wyvern »

Some time later, Alys returns with Cameron and Osmund in tow.

"Pardon me for disturbing you again, Dworkin, but Osmund here found something out in shadow that is rather more dangerous than Hivers, and I thought you might wish to take a Look at him."
User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Joshua »

"Greetings. What are you looking for then?" Dworkin will ask, as if the person he is addressing is obvious. "There is definitely something strange, but it is simply potential." He observes. "Why would that matter to me? He will arrive when he's ready*. More dangerous to him than you know."

The shadows in the room will move slightly in response, but ultimately will not change significantly.

Osmund is quiet... He's clearly intimidated by the 'realness' of everything.
____________________
*: Uh, what?
khadjair
Lunatic
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by khadjair »

Cameron just looks about trying to understand what power might be at use here. Any observing him will see him stiffen visibly at the sight of the dwarf, though he doesn't go for a weapon. He takes a deep breath, and steps just a little closer to Osmund, like he would try and be a protector.

Meanwhile the back of his mind is running. Is this sorcery? Something involving talking across Shadow without actually traveling, like telephony? Or is it perhaps a manifestation of the power like Trump? In that moment he's struck by just how ignorant of the basics he really is.

He will otherwise say nothing and aside from the occasional glance his gaze will never leave Dworkin.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2278
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Wyvern »

Alys Looks at Dworkin (she still hasn't dropped her Power), and then at Osmund, and then back at Dworkin. "Just potential? Osmund, can you manage a demonstration?"
User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will nod at Alys, and briefly look at Cameron for permission*. He closes his eyes for a few minutes, tracing through something mentally.

A fractured version of a silver-colored pattern appears in the air in front of him. The fractures run deep, going from the outside to the core in strange jagged lines. Wisps of yellow-ish smoke reach out in several tendrils as Osmund fidgets nervously.

Nervously, he will attempt to explain... "They're not solid or anything..."
______________
*: From context, I assume this is given.
khadjair
Lunatic
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by khadjair »

This being the first time Cameron has actually seen it he will just stare. The artist mind, however, will try and match it vs. the Pattern he walked and the subtle differences from the Pattern he saw the night before. Looking for commonalities and differences both. He'll stand near Osmund, still protectively, and would implicitly give permission to whatever Osmund would consent to. He will, however, be watching Dworkin's expression intently.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2278
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Wyvern »

As the broken pattern tendrils manifest, Alys takes three quick steps back, eyes momentarily wide. Whatever she was expecting, this wasn't it.
User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2985
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.09c: Dwarf in a Box

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will laugh. "See? Just potential. It looks different than I imagined, but it's harmless." He will get up and demonstrate this by passing his hand through the tendrils, causing Osmund to wince and drop the manifestation. Dworkin continues, "I guess that has to do with what caused the breaks. Still, it is just the one potential." He will turn to his shadow. "Yes, of course I'm sure." Then return to his seat and turn back to the javelin throwing. "Unless there was something else you were referring to?"

Osmund looks a lot worse for wear at this action, collapsing into his knees and leaning heavy against Cameron, mumbling something about "so real..."
Post Reply