07.06g: Underwater Ball (to Restore the Spirit)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06g: Underwater Ball (to Restore the Spirit)

Post by Joshua »

The bath does have magical controls to help regulate temperature (of both water and the smooth stone it's made out of), bubbles, water-flow, and mineral level (Robgar recommends against a mineral level when you have feathers). He will switch into a bathing suit (a swashbuckling bathing suit! which I can't find any pictures as to what the might look like. I'm guessing black silk with a crossed sword pattern...) and enter in with you.

Quietly, he will begin to comb / groom you with a nearby set of instruments, like a comb, only with wider tines to accommodate feathers. Ironically, he is a perfect gentleman during this.

"Some of the newer baths have innovations that surpass the original hot-springs. But here, Rebma takes great pride in bringing all those back to their roots. So, I must confess this place is more interesting after a week fighting to defend a caravan, but sometimes it helps with the stress of politics. Although, usually Grind helps me with that."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"I'd imagine this must help with stress of any kind. I certainly never had personal attention like this at a bath. I really appreciate you showing me this place." Jiga just relaxes for a while in silence, enjoying the warmth seeping into her. After some time though, questions that have been stirring in her since her arrival prompt her to air them. Especially since Rogbar seems especially helpful and quite knowledgeable of the area. "I'm glad my friends came back to Akra to get me but I feel like there was more to it than just Lyra missing my company. It's like there's a tension all around. Politics and maneuvering but I don't know what to make of any of it, or what I can do to help out." Turning to look at him, she asks "what do you do here in Amber? Besides charming women and leading a group of mercenaries?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Well, that takes up a lot of my time. Although the mercenary work is that of the Shadow Striders, we are the best caravan guards in Amber. We also work to train some of the newcomers to Ht'Gon, but mostly we help the trade caravans. We have enough muscle to protect them, and a bit of magic so if we get separated, we can find our way back to Amber." The cat continues, taking his time, like a hairdresser might talk and work at the same time. "Sometimes we do team building things. Cookouts, crafts, find a castle under siege and stop it. You know, the usual. We helped build the fort as well. And, Morgana has occasionally listened to my advice and the information we get on our travels."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"The usual? That all sounds a bit unusual to me. Your Shadow Striders sounds like a great group of people. How do these trade caravans work? Do they head out from here and then at some point just shift to other worlds..er..shadows? Can you do that yourself? Travel to other Shadows?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Not directly. I usually equip my horse with proper shoes for that, and let him find me if I get lost. I suppose I could manage something if I need, but it's not easy." Rogbar answers. "The caravans, yes, they start here and go to other worlds. This one is almost nothing but ocean, however, if you go a few worlds to one side, the most wondrous bounties await. I would have liked to stay in one of those, if I didn't know this place.. this hub of worlds was here."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"Magic dimension-traveling horseshoes?! Maybe I can get jewelry or the like with a similar effect to decorate my wings. Are the caravans at risk solely from regular denizens of these other worlds, unaware of their dimensional traveling nature, or are there others out there with a grudge against Amber and the Courts?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Thankfully we are new enough. Although, rumors of a powerful center of trade are starting to appear." Rogbar will think a bit. "I don't believe we've met anyone who knew who we were in that regard. Just powerful plane-shifting traders."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"New enough? It sounds like you're referring to the Courts, not the Striders. If other worlds are Shadows of this one, then it must have been here for a long time. But then Lyra said she'd already been here for a month so I guess time is...adjustable?" Jiga shakes her head a bit. "Maybe that's why everyone seems so experienced. Age and race just aren't determining factors here. Is that part of why you expressed an interest? It doesn't matter to you that our races are so different?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"This city has only been here for seven years. I've been here about four myself. But time depends on where you are. lots of places run faster or slower. I think what happened in your case, is that Dworkin adjusted time flow. I didn't know that was possible to do to a whole shadow." He will blush at the other implication. "Well, most times you can make something work. I had trouble with Morgana, but that was more a size thing. She weighs about fifteen times what I do."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Now it's Jiga's turn to blush, her inquiry having been intended to gain some insight into the societal/cultural differences between Amber's Courts and her home Shadow. "That's a bit...I guess that answers my question though. Race doesn't really factor into romance here so much as it does where I'm from. I hadn't expected that and so your words caught me off guard earlier." She'll smile at Rogbar though, clearly not offended in any way. "Thank you for not taking offense at my reaction." Rogbar can likely tell she's a bit uncomfortable with the topic as she pointedly sets about popping bubbles with a talon.