As a shark he is, well, remarkably shark-like. He is closest in form to a particularly brawny tiger shark but in size is closer to a great white, measuring around 22' from nose to tailtip. Coloration is a medium blue-grey, with typical countershading, and sports tiger shark-like barring but in a lighter shade rather than darker.
Trump: Five of Cups
Krajk stands on a dock in Amber's harbor, cleaving through three cups in front of him with a wicked looking battle axe. His face is an unreadable mix of glee, anger, and bitterness, leaving one to wonder what his reaction to the two cups still sitting undiscovered behind him would be. A shark's fin can be seen out in the harbor, in the middle of a patch of scattered gleams of reflected sunlight that seem to suggest the outline of the Pattern.
Psyche: Despite his physical nature and seeming indifference to higher forms of civilization, Krajk has a keen mind and is reasonably perceptive (Amber)
Strength: He generally has an animal's indifference to showing off, but the casual ease with which he performs some physical feats is telling. (Mid-ranked)
Endurance: His seeming laziness is merely a predator's conservation - when the hunt is on he almost never stops to rest. (Mid- to high-ranked)
Warfare: Krajk has the arrogant grace of an apex predator in his prime, with its curious combination of confidence and wary awareness of his own mortality. (Low-ranked*)
Limited amount of shapeshifting, no sign of any forms other than the aforementioned three.
- Electroreception: As with normal sharks, Krajk can detect electrical impulses. This of course works best underwater, and his two non-human forms are better at it, but even on land as a human he can sense electrical fields at closer ranges or with physical contact.
- Predator's Senses: Though his eyesight is quite respectable even in the dark and his hearing is equally good, it is his sense of smell that is truly astonishing. It is every bit as good as normal sharks', and he's a lot smarter than they are in analyzing scents.
- Wound? What Wound?: The fact that Krajk heals his wounds faster than normal isn't all that uncommon among shapeshifter species. The sheer speed at which he does so, however, is. Whether this is a quirk of fate or something he has invested time into strengthening is unknown (and he's not telling).
- Veteran Brawler: In combat, setting aside for the moment his regeneration, his strength is his strength. He's not as strong on strategy or less brute-force forms of fighting, but when it comes to melee and melee weapons he's a master of fighting both brutal and clever. (*)
- Bad Penny: Think you've shaken him off your trail? He'll show up just as you're finally relaxing. Think you've managed to kill him off after that? That only delays the inevitable a little while. Think you've finally secured your reputation as the host of the most cultured parties in Amber? Here's Krajk, acting as if he has every right to be there. Which, unfortunately, he does.
- Predator's Sensibilities: Human he may be in part, but whether he is a wereshark or a sharkwere is unclear. Regardless, much of his personality and behavior is heavily influenced by his inhuman half. On the plus side, it means he sees little to no reason to engage in such activities as torture or massacres. On the minus, it means he sees little reason in such out of a sense of indifference rather than moral values and is also largely indifferent to the notion of mercy.
- Seablooded: Although he does not literally have saltwater for blood, the sea marks him as its own even when he is on land. Unless he takes pains to cover it up there is always a faint tang of sea-smell in the air around him, and his hair usually looks like he just ran damp hands or a comb through it.
- Caged in Infinity: It was not of his own choice that Krajk walked the Pattern. He resents having a permanent tie inflicted on him and yes even resents the effectively limitless wealth available to him. The shark within him simply takes life as it comes, but whether this is enough to rein in his human resentment long enough for him to realize how much greater his opportunities are is unknown.
- Survivor: "My life is for sale, my death is not," is something Krajk has told employers in the past, when offered jobs that amounted to suicide or when confronted after abandoning one that went sour. If death comes, then death comes - he's rather phlegmatic about that - but he see absolutely no gain in dying if survival is an option. The notion of dying for a cause mystifies him.
- Preferentially Carnivorous: It's not that he can't eat plants or that he dislikes them, it's just that given a choice between plants and meat/fish (even if it's meat from a creature from an ecosystem he's never heard of) he's likely to pick the dead critter for food.