He prefers clothing that is both ornate and utilitarian; even on formal occasions, he'll have plenty of pockets, filled with sketchbooks and lenses and bits of clockwork. Typical colors are greys and browns with silver trim - colors that can more easily conceal a bit of leaked grease or the dust from walking down a road. (Though, those who are sensitive to such things will note that many of his outfits are enchanted to repel minor blemishes. Arguably a waste of time and power, but he has both to spare these days.) There are two constants, though: a steel amulet that holds some sort of complicated clockwork mechanism (and similarly complicated enchantments) - and a golden wedding band, inset with diamond in intricate circuit-board-like patterns.
Trump Card: Three of Wands. Rasanam is depicted looking out over a vast circular harbor; several merchant ships can be seen on the waters, and a single small island floats serenely in midair. To his left stands a copper pipe, topped with a complicated and apparently steam-powered orrery. To his right, a silver stave balances upright and unsupported, four runes near the top glowing blue. The third "wand" - and the only one Rasanam is holding - is a thin sapling; it's unclear if he's holding the tree upright, or leaning on it for support.
Psyche: Mid-Ranked. Rasanam has demonstrated a significant degree of magical power, though only rarely with intent to impress.
Strength: Unknown - though he has demonstrated at least unranked strength in conjunction with shapeshifting spells.
Endurance: At least Amber rank - he survived the Pattern, after all. Beyond that, nobody (probably including himself) knows for sure.
Warfare: Unranked - Rasanam has participated in occasional sparring matches; he's certainly good, but he's well behind people like Oberon.
Powers: Sorcery, Empowerment, Pattern
Minions: Fjolnir, a sarcastic talking raven with some spellcasting ability of his own.
- "Any sufficiently analyzed magic..." (Not that he'd phrase it that way himself - he's a wizard first, engineer second - but the attitude matches.)
- Expert shapeshifter (he doesn't have the natural ability, but is quite skilled at substituting magic instead.)
- The talent to make friends out of enemies.
- The talent to make things. (Especially clockwork and enchanted items and drawings.)
- The "talent" to be oblivious. ("Wait, I have apprentices? When did that happen?")
- Always carries a sketchbook.
- Ask questions first, shoot only if you have to.
- Considers mind-altering magics distasteful, though not necessarily inherently evil.
- Married to Lyra.