07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

The goings on of courts
User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Joshua » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:57 am

Kizak, the bay dragon, is a little overwhelmed. He's used to inspiring terror and menacing towns. This being welcomed and thrust into the social circuit is difficult for him, but he's doing okay. He's got a small group of people asking questions, many who have never seen a dragon before.

Please, won't someone rescue this poor creature that is outside his normal habitat?

User avatar
Sadie
Lunatic
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Sadie » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:07 pm

Before approaching having just left the refreshment tables Sadie stops, closes her eyes a second, takes a deep breath, and heads over and offers her hand. "Good evening, good sir, I am..." seems stumped for a brief moment. "... the lady Sadie, for now at least. I must admit having never seen a sea dragon such as yourself before... or really at all to be honest. When I think sea dragon I've always envisioned some ginormous serpentine leviathan to be honest. I must admit to preferring someone a bit closer to my size such as yourself personally."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."

User avatar
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by coldcandor » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:27 pm

(OOC: I had to pop in quick and say: Excellent play on the title :) )
Solten

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Joshua » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:19 pm

(OOC: <willy> Shhh! boy! Do you want to be sued?! </willy>)

Kizak will awkwardly offer a webbed hand. "Good to meet you Lady. I must admit it is difficult to get the size right. It's so much harder to change mass here. And yes, where I am from, such is called a sea serpent." He makes an awkward attempt at a bow. "I've been trying not to make a scene about it. I'm kind of shocked the dialect here is so easy to pick up. Reminds me of tradespeak, with a hint of draconic." He'll pause and look awkward. "I really hate small-talk... Dragons don't do courtly politics... Except for the fruits over at the Council of Wyrms..." He will wince, "I did it again..."

User avatar
Sadie
Lunatic
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Sadie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 am

"So what do dragon's do? What do you do that's so draconic? As for courtly politics I'm new to it myself. I'm a dog, my idea of politics is scent marking, butt sniffing, and the occasional growl here and there. Oh and barking, definitely barking." She jokes awkwardly. "But really, tell me about yourself. If you so strongly dislike politics, why here, why now, and most interestingly why at a ball? Dancing must be all kinds of awkward for you?" Forces a smile to go with her joke.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Joshua » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 am

"We're apex monsters in my world. We demand tribute, chase away threats to our territory. Rule over small sections of land. I had a fishing village I was fond of. Had a good arrangement, two goats a month and the conversation of a maiden for two weeks a year. They even had a small festival in my honor." He shrugs. "To be honest, it was getting dull, but this might be a bit much."

User avatar
Sadie
Lunatic
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Sadie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 pm

"The people were... happy with this arrangement? Or simply too fearful to rebel?" There's an edge to her tone with this line of questioning. As well as a shift from scared mouse, to nervous predator in body language. Something he said has clearly shifted her mentality and focus. If he has instincts at all things are getting shaky. "Although I suppose two goats a month and a bit of conversation is unlikely to get too much of the villages ire." Seems to visibly relax a bit after giving it that thought and letting out a slightly heavy breath.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Joshua » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:20 pm

"You know, there is a point where you can't actually tell." He will smile, "So, you're a dog-were. Did they have a place where you come from?"

Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin
Posts: 2219
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Wyvern » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Alys comes off the dance floor and heads towards Kizak. She pauses a moment as Sadie's body language shifts - and then shrugs and finishes her approach, commenting, "I hope I'm not interrupting anything," as Sadie relaxes again.

To Kizak, she makes a brief curtsy, and says, "Greetings. I am Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris. I must admit, I had not expected to see one such as yourself, here, among so many..." she pauses, looking for a word she doesn't find, finishing with "generally human-shaped people."

User avatar
Joshua
Gibbering
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: 07.07f: A Dance with... Well, you know...

Post by Joshua » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Kizak will say, "Not really, I was just asking Sadie here..." When he gets a good look at Alys, three things will happen very quickly. First his eyes go wide from what is clearly terror, next he'll gain about 6 inches to a foot in height, third, he'll take a sharp intake of breath. After another half-second, he will force his mannerisms to return to a more natural state, letting the built-up steam breath out of his mouth as tiny wisps of steam. (Considering that just happened, it's a noble effort to cover up what was about to be a very bad reaction. He's not fooling anyone nearby.)

"I'm sorry, I didn't know there was a warden here. I wasn't told there were... uh..." He pauses realizing what Alys did not say. "I mean, if it's an issue..." He will whimper, still swallowing back little bits of steam.

Post Reply