Discussion about the game: rules, character descriptions, questions, etc
- Posts: 2834
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm
These were more or less unanimous...
People liked the idea of a noir style 1920's vampire game. the thought was to remove the really annoying tech (The "I call your cell" interruptions to combat.) Also, there were a few ideas of how to run the game to help with that. Some were silly (Internal monologue narration because everyone has the vocalization derangement), others were liked (Start a game with the climactic scene, then show how people got there, especially for Simcon).
Some specific thoughts were:
- Only 2 bloodlines per clan are "common". Players will vote for that and may find sires who are of that bloodline. all other bloodlines must be found when you hit BP 4.
- Do the Damnation City generation, giving specific locations merits and other bonuses they give to the PC that controls them.
- Have PCs able to put "Horrible stuff that happens to them between games" in their writeup.
- Give each PC an NPC they 'control'. Players can suggest actions for the NPC between games although the STs are allowed to override if need be.
- Mostly Sane
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:56 am
“Have PCs able to put "Horrible stuff that happens to them between games" in their writeup.”
Why exactly would a person do this?
“Only 2 bloodlines per clan are "common". Players will vote for that and may find sires who are of that bloodline. all other bloodlines must be found when you hit BP 4.”
How is this going to affect characters who are not actually from this region, such as Legion members who were originally from say rome, egypt, gaul ect?
“These were more or less unanimous...People liked the idea of a noir style 1920's vampire game.”
Just wanted to go on record that I personally despise the Noir Genre. As I am however the only one ill do my best to not let my dislike come up.
- Needs a Guide
- Posts: 94
- Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:15 am
1. because if you give ideas for what you want to go wrong we don't have to.
2. Because the legion is the group that spread through the area some of the blood lines came from them so yes they are part of the common ones. If you want to be from some place at random your sire did not have a blood line before you were embraced is the easy solution I believe.