07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.13x: Refuge of Dreams (Part III)

Post by Rasanam »

(( Just so there's a record of it beyond chat logs: Rasanam thinks Lyra pretty well covered the important points, and has nothing to add right this second. ))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The goblin leader will eventually nod... "Rath is in the research facility. I'm not sure if his- the metal familiar was able to revive him. It seemed quite able to take out the sheens..."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

"If it wasn't, then maybe there's something we can do. Can you show us the way or point us in the right direction?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods and follows along, flipping to a new page in his sketchbook and starting to draw the goblin with the bow.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The elder will direct one of the scouts to lead you to the research facility. It's nearby... And the raids of the sheens are not a major threat to your group. The goblin is fairly impressed and a little stunned silent by your abilities.

We'll skip a few minor encounters as you make your way through the complex. There's a lot of metal in the buildings and walls. In fact, you can probably recognize this as a 'modern' research facility with a little effort.

The final work-space you find, the lab itself, is a full mage-lab. All kinds of equipment, from alchemy to modern testing facilities, are strewn about. A young-ish looking human is working on some kind of giant crystal and lightning contraption. he doesn't really notice you.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks the device over, and holds up a hand to ask Lyra to wait for a moment while he picks an opportune time to distract the 'young man'.

"Good morning, Rath. I'd comment about this thing looking like overkill... but it really isn't, is it?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Oh no, No it's not. The barrier will resist all lesser magics. Something capable of cracking a crystal sphere is required." He will pause and realize the question didn't come from his own head... he will turn as the experiment continues without him. "Oh! Hello. Good that you entered. Have you brought my spellbook?" He smiles. "I am looking forward to leaving this prison. I wasn't supposed to be here, you know. Stupid saving the world from the adversary. I tell you, it's not worth it, but where else am I going to put my stuff?"
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam looks puzzled. "I thought the construct was your spellbook?"

At Rath's last comment, though, Rasanam cheerfully derails the conversation, "That reminds me, I was planning on setting up a personal lab on this trip out. I know a few properties I'll need to go looking for, including uninhabited just in case something goes really wrong, but maybe you'd have some suggestions since we're here?"
Last edited by Rasanam on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra gives her husband a curious look and interjects before the two mages can begin talking shop. "Well, on behalf of all the people you saved" Lyra says with a polite bow to the young man, "I have to disagree and say what you did was in fact worth it." Straightening, she adds, "and I'm sorry to say this isn't just a social call or a rescue. The world may be in peril again and we need your help,Rath. There's something here that shouldn't be and we need to stop it from subverting the populace and assuming control. We're hoping you know something about the mage towers, specifically their control over the magic here, and if we can use that to force this entity to leave."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"How did you get in here without the ring?" Rath asks... "My descendent should have had it? The familiar acts as a backup, but .... he can't open the door. Only the real spellbook can."

He will look over at Lyra... "I designed them. I should be able to explain things. What do you need?"