Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:59 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"This mess is mostly dealt with. We just need to make it prettier." Stewart grins. "Nothing is anchoring it down, so if you can make it fall up, this should be simple. Should we look at the notes before or after the cat?"

The lumps of bronze are beginning to separate out into a few distinct sizes: one huge, a half dozen small, and several tiny shapes are forming. Meanwhile, threads of darkness coalesce from thin air above the behemoth, drawing light from the air until reality frays like an old pair of jeans to reveal the bubbling maw of an active volcano.

Absently, Stewart adds "up it goes?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:08 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Sylvia nods, and rattles off some quick incantations. The behemoth, still in its cocoon, begins to drift upwards, accelerating rapidly, until it finally smashes into the lava below (above?) with a whoosh of flame, and a burbling sound like a thousand rubber ducks sinking, all at once.

The green mist, such of it as was left, fades instantly as the behemoth passes through the gate.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:31 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I met Cass once. She played a good round of the synonym game, then called Mr. Willoughby, or perhaps maybe me, not sure, Stormsinger? Something like that. And then she left."

"What do you need a synonym for? Maybe I can help."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:03 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart blinks for a moment and all the bronze wobbles. He shakes his head and scowls at what are rapidly becoming a series of statues and they firm back into shape.

"Um, no synonyms. Just an explanation of why she wrote something. Or of what she wrote. Or of why I have to be involved and get attacked by gnolls constantly. Where'd you meet her?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:29 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"I met her in the basement of the fort at the north pass of Greywind Valley."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Northern pass? Isn't there some kind of battle up that way? Oh, well. Guess I'll have to go there and poke around until she shows up."

Stewart turns to Sylvia, "I'd still like to look at the prophesies, of course."

The various piles of bronze are beginning to form into reasonable statues. The forms are still rough, but Stewart, Aurora, the priestess, the warlock, the behemoth, and several gnolls seem to be involved.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:40 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

It is a relatively simple matter to loot and then smash (or otherwise deal with) the gnollish priestess and warlock.
Once that's done, restoring Eenyrl is simple (though explaining to the city guards why this particular gnoll isn't their enemy, may prove slightly more complicated.)

The remaining cocooned gnolls should be well within the limits of what can be dealt with by the various locals that start showing up within the next few minutes.
You've got the city watch, and the Catian military, and some random overconfident mooks from the adventurers' guild, and an eclectic assortment of clerics.

It's also safe to assume that Kailyn will heal everyone who got injured; while he's expended his strongest heals for the moment, it's easy enough to fill the gap with lesser magics when you've got time to spare.

_____
If anyone else has anything to add here, feel free to continue posting. I may do so myself, when I figure out what sort of loot you might be able to get off the two gnolls. However, I don't have anything actually important to add, and will thus be opening the next chapter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:15 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

After a few more minutes, Stewart's work is revealed to be (unsurprisingly) a slightly smaller recreation of the battle in bronze:

- Aurora is atop a pile of rubble, her clothing floating slightly to indicate flight, with a flame around her hand which is pointing to...
- The gnoll warlock, who is on the ground and not quite cowering.
- Gnolls are littered about, in varying states of being cocooned.
- Stewart is off to one side, flanked by Eenryl (who, while still looking like a gnoll, has softened features) and Kailyn. One of Stewart's hands is raised above him, and is obviously the source of the goo cocooning the gnolls. The other hand is pointing towards...
- The behemoth, looking battered by a pair of winged vaguely humanoid opponents. A variety of eye stalks are coming out of it's head, with one firing a ray at...
- The priestess who is being held in the way by Luma.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18