Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:25 pm 
Lunatic

Maya looks at the rapidly melting snow and comments to Fang. "I knew I should have tried to alter the bargain, this weather is terrible."

Fang snorts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:13 pm 
Needs a Guide

"They're wedding guests, but i suppose they are probably a little early." Hatcher then lists, "This is Maya, her... " *short pause as he searches for an appropriate term* "pack, and the one over there is Nehmet. I believe there is still some setting up to do, " (this is more addressed to Maya and Nehmet than anyone else) " You are welcome to watch, of course... " Hatcher seems to have already started surveying the area to see what he needs to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The man takes quick notes as Maya and Nehmet are named.

"Yes... setup will take some doing. We've gotten word that Korg... um..." He double checks his notes and then carefully enunciates, "Korginthrinavoxargus. Is actually going to be showing up for, quote, a few minutes. So, between him and your large friends," he gestures at Fierce and Fang, "We're going to need rather more room than the original plans had called for."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:55 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Korginthrinavoxargus, hmm..." Hatcher ponders for a moment, then muses "I have a feeling a few minutes might change to a hour, depending on the amount of interesting people who come. I don't suppose he'd be too happy sitting in the back, either. Well, I guess we'll be needing another row of seats, or in this case, a few more spots, "
Hatcher quickly consults both his map and a diagram of the wedding layout, then, with a couple penstokes, mentions "I guess it should go over here on the left, and Korginthrinavoxargus' view would be blocked if those trees stayed there, so, I'll have to put them over there on the hillside for now.*"

"Well, i think that should do, barring any further changes to the guest list. Now to update the seating charts and the food arrangements."
*An observer may note that it seems that quite a few trees have jumped (or slid) out of the way and the hilltop seems to have extended a good 10 or 15 feet. A more curious observer may note that Hatcher was writing on both his map and the diagram at precisely the same time as these events occured.

Last edited by Ubiquitous on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:30 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Nehmet watches Hatcher's activity with interest.

The man who greeted Hatcher adds "Oh, right. Introductions. I'm Taric. Let's see... There are a few other folks who've arrived early but aren't involved in the preparations. I could introduce you to them, if you'd like? I'm afraid most of us are still quite busy."

While his introduction is aimed at both Maya and Nehmet, the latter comment is aimed mostly at Maya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:30 pm 
Lunatic

Maya stands there a few seconds not responding blinking.

Fierce: "It would please us greatly to... how do you put it, mingle. Wouldn't it Maya?"

Maya scratching back of head: "Yes... absolutely, pleased definitely." Tries to manage a pleasant smile, but with her nervousness and enlarged canines it almost looks like she's baring her teeth.

I'm doomed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:30 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

[OOC]
It occurs to me that, while I've described what's going on to the players involved, anyone else is likely to be somewhat confused.

The primary parties in this wedding are:

Acophisinian (aka Dazzle), Hatcher's half-sister. She's a full blooded blue dragon, albeit a fairly young one - she's not that much older than Hatcher is, after all.

Merlin Taricson, a human were-lynx warrior, and part of a small clan of were-lynxes that lives in the northern mountains of Arthen.

Yes, this does mean that the whole thing is, from Dazzle's point of view, just a minor dalliance. 'Till death do us part? That's, what, maybe fifty years tops? Not a major commitment when you expect to live for at least a thousand years.
[/OOC]

Taric leads Maya over to an open tent in a side corner of the clearing - or perhaps meadow would be a better word to describe the area now that Hatcher has made his alterations on the scene.

Perhaps a dozen people are gathered in this corner; most of them children of various ages. Taric walks up to an old man, battle scarred and withered with age, who is sitting in a chair and watching the children.

"Maya, this is Emer, my father. Emer, this is Maya, one of Hatcher's friends. Can I get you to do the rest of the introductions? I need to get back to work." Emer nods, and Taric adds, "Thanks," and trots off.

Emer looks over Maya and her pack. "Hm. Winter wolves, if I don't miss my guess. Care to introduce me to the rest of your pack?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:02 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "On my right is Fierce, she is the pack mediator and spiritual guide."

Fierce manages some approximation of a curtsy: "It is a pleasure to meet you sir."

Maya: "To my direct left is Fang, he is the heart of our pack, he keeps the blood flowing."

Fang snorts as usual, though he seems especially annoyed at being referred to as a heart of anything. Fierce nudges/nuzzles him slightly. His tail wags a bit, then he looks at her annoyed, and makes a show of looking sullen. Maya raises her eye a bit and half smiles.

Maya shaking her head a bit and sighing a little: "And just behind me here is Kerberos, he is new to the pack and has no particular place yet. He is also mute."

Kerberos gives a slight curt nod of recognition.

Maya: "I as you've been told am Maya Tyrlien. I'm am the packs Alpha. As for being Hatcher's friend, I'm afraid I don't really know him that well. We met just recently, he helped us get where we were going, and by doing so we solved his problem and he invited us. Which is good, because I've been informed there are some here it would benefit me to meet on my way to reclaiming my rightful place on the throne."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:24 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Emer shrugs. "I don't know about that; we don't much care who sits on the throne. Silly thing isn't worth the gold used to make it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:15 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "That's fine, then maybe someone here can help me learn about this kingdom and it's peoples then in a neutral and unbiased manner."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next