Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Again, I'm not sure that's quite what you'll find here. Fair we can do - but we don't have much tolerance for fools or cityfolk. I mean, have you heard the stories about the Wupgup family?"

Another person has wandered over to your conversation; a supernaturally beautiful woman with rough, glittering, black skin, dark brown hair, and yellow eyes.*

"Oh, right," says Emer, "I was supposed to be doing introductions. This is Kaina, Hatcher's mother. Kaina, this is Maya, and Fierce, and Fang, and Kerberos."

"Greetings," says Kaina. "I have been looking forward to meeting you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:10 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

_____
* One can only insert so much description without disrupting the normal flow of the writing - part of the reason I started putting NPCs up on the character description forum in the first place. However, as I don't expect Kaina to be a recurring character, I'm going to finish her description in this footnote.

Her clothing appears to consist entirely of silk sashes in a variety of yellows and browns (all quite opaque), held together with decorative golden clasps shaped like scarab beetles, scorpions, jackals, camels, kangaroo rats, and other denizens of the wastes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:40 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "A fellow fey." Scratches the back of her head. "Well sorta I guess. Not sure about this whole fey reincarnation thing. Nice to meet you." Face reddens a bit. "I'm sorry I'm really not used to being purposely social."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:40 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Kaina laughs. "Don't worry about it; I've gotten quite used to talking to people who don't know what to say to me. Though I'll admit, most of them have rather different reasons for being tongue-tied." She shrugs. "Dehydration, for example."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:22 pm 
Lunatic

Maya perks up: "We haven't hunted in the desert in awhile, any worthy beasts of note worthy of a good hunt in your region you can recommend for hunters of our caliber. We'll need something to help us relax after this whole reclaiming my lands bit is over with. Besides I owe Fang here a good hunt."

Fang wags his tail a bit at the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:17 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"I can point you to a few nearby areas; mostly sandworms and giant scorpions; but nothing actually in my area; anything on the scale you'd be looking for got wiped out by the necromancer I originally imported Korgy to deal with. Two hundred years just isn't enough time to get the megafauna back."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:28 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "That's too bad, Sandworms and Scorpions are pretty much beneath us at this point. It seems we need a new kind of hunt. Maybe my quest will serve us both purposes. Can you tell me anything useful about my kingdom that I might need be knowing?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:37 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Well, it doesn't include any deserts. Other than that... There is a fair amount of fey presence, even in the cities - not that the humans are likely to admit it. If you can find them, they'll probably be of some help. Or at least willing to talk to you."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:01 pm 
Lunatic

"Hmmm, yes my life does seem to have become intrinsically linked to fey these days, perhaps such would be a good idea. Thank you for your assistance. Is there any way Maya and her humble pack may be of service to the lady Kaina." Does an awkward attempt at a curtsy then smiles a bit at her joke at her own expense. "Really though, is there anything we can do for you in return for what assistance you've given us?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:44 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Not at the moment. I'll let you know if anything comes up, though."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1316 Next