Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:17 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Well... Ah, here it is." Englesworth makes a sharp turn into what looks like a perfectly ordinary tavern (the dancing mace, if anyone is curious). The place is crowded, smelly, and raucous. One of the side walls, however, is covered in posters, ads, and other detritus, and it is to this wall that the bard makes his way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:18 am 
Lunatic

Maya follows and looks at the wall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:41 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Assuming Maya ignores the various leers and ribald comments from the tavern patrons, there is one notice of interest up on the wall.

The city watch is offering a five thousand gold reward for anyone who can track down and eliminate a monster that has apparently taken up residence in the tunnels under the city, and is the cause of a number of recent disappearances. The amount of reward offered for this task has, it appears, been increased several times already.

The notice comes with a map noting tunnel system entrances, and a drawing of a three toed, clawed, footprint - alas, not distinctive enough to identify the creature from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:08 am 
Lunatic

Maya smiles: "This one. We're doing this one. A good hunt's just what I need after enduring this filth."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:17 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

Englesworth nods. "Let's see... the nearest entrance is east main street and ivus lane; shouldn't be too hard to find."

And, indeed, it isn't - though east main street seems to be little more than an unremarkable alleyway.

The entrance proves to be a narrow spiral staircase built into the back side of a fountain. The bard extracts a torch (somehow already lit) from his backpack, and pauses at the entrance - apparently trying to figure out if it's more polite to lead, or let you go first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:15 pm 
Lunatic

Maya: "So we just, go on this mission? We report to no one? Gain no sanction to do so? We simply go, slay the monster and return the head? I was hoping we could weasle out of someone an alternative access so I could get my pack in."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:01 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Most likely the folks responsible for the mission don't even know where *these* entrances are; that map looked like something someone else added on after the fact. If we want to find paths in or out of the city, I'd think the best bet would be to simply head down and explore."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:33 am 
Lunatic

Maya: "Down we go then." Maya takes the lead, heading towards the perimeter of the city, hoping to find a way outside. "Any ideas for to go about this other than randomness and a good memory and direction sense?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:45 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"No; as I said, I've never actually been down here..."

The staircase continues its descent for perhaps thirty feet before opening out into the tunnels. There is no light beyond what's provided by Englesworth's torch - nor are there even sconces where there might once have been lights. This tunnel runs roughly north-south; on either edge there's a eight foot wide ledge of smooth stone. The center of the tunnel is at least several feet deep, and perhaps as much as fifteen feet across

Numerous pipes and cables run along the walls and ceiling, occasionally protruding into the pathway. Rust trails run down the walls from some of them, and they provide numerous nooks and crannies that one could hide in.

Clear water fills the central trough of the passageway, and laps gently over the edges of the sides - making footing rather treacherous. This particular channel appears to be flowing gently northwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 pm 
Lunatic

Maya will follow the passage and try to make her way outside.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 718 Next