Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1620 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:23 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Gregor's unicorn trots over to Ellenian and taps her with his horn, undoing at least most of the damage she took.

The white dragon simply ignores both Stewart's construct, and Sorgath's attacks, but it hisses in annoyance as Gregor lands another powerful blow.

Stewart's attempt to disintegrate the thing is only marginally effective, removing a bit of one wingtip.

The dragon, for its part, simply folds its wings and drops - snapping them open and levelling off almost at ground level. Now moving even faster than before, it grabs Ellenian in its jaws on its way past, casually picking her up despite the earth elemental and unicorn trying to get in its way.

Thirwin, apparently at least somewhat prepared for this, drops a mass heal on the dragon and Ellenian, further damaging the dracolich, and completely healing Ellenian.

By the time the white dragon is a few hundred feet off, there's a flash of green light from its jaws - presumably something the cleric cast. And then the dracolich curves out of sight behind the ruins of the temple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Well, Sorgath, you have a choice to make about hearing out Stewart and his friends. How much is Ellenian worth to you? I cannot get her back without competant help, and without our cleric we are down our spellcaster which we badly need, and next time someone please use a greater dispelling on it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:24 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin is apparently still in combat rounds, "Ikaria, mistress of magic, bring me and my companions to where we can rain destruction on the dragon and save our missing cleric." he repeats, pushing energy into the chant. He delays only a round before casting the actual spell. Long enough for the dragon to return if it's circling back or for someone to remind him they have teleport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:27 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Sorgath flies down to the ground, and concentrates on something for a moment. Ellenian reappears next to him, looking more or less unharmed.

"So, unless someone has a way to pin that thing down long enough to destroy it, I suggest a strategic retreat," Sorgath says.

"Actually," Ellenian comments, "It should be nearly dead; if Thirwin teleports us over there, another heal or a few good hits should finish it off."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:35 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Actually, it appeared to have an inverse form of Death Ward protecting it from positive energy. And it's topped that with disguise self, so gauging it's actual damage will be tricky at best until that can be removed." Stewart frowns. "Dispelling is definitely called for. I had rather hoped that it would not survive the disintegrate. It's hardier than I expected."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:43 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Then let's do this, Sorgath join me and get ready to attack, Ellenian and Stewart get ready to dispel it as soon as the teleport is complete. You *points to thirwin* teleport us in there. Paladins of Marris, as soon as it has been dispelled, hit it with every cure spell you can."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 pm 
Lunatic

"I can Disjunction it, if one of you can teleport us there. A miracle is worth saving a life, but if there's another way, something that doesn't involve direct intervention might be easier."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:57 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Teleportation can be dealt with, and Disjunction is a bit better than what I can summon up. So unless anyone has anything else to do, or a more precise idea of where exactly to show up than 'the other side of the temple', let's go." Stewart waits a moment for an interruption, then gestures vaguely at a spot near him. This negligent gesture is apparently enough to puncture a large hole in reality which leads from this side of the temple to the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma (who, yes, was previously still hiding) is the first person through the gate - perhaps in part due to some foreknowledge of where exactly it was going to appear.

Gregor's unicorn, Kailyn, is the second one through.

"It's not here anymore," Luma calls back after a quick look around.

Kailyn sniffs the air carefully, and adds "I think she's right."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:53 pm 
Lunatic

Thirwin walks through the portal, and chants. A few moments later almost two dozen tiny floating eyes appear around him. "Seek," he instructs. They scatter in all directions.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 1620 Next