Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 26 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:18 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart ponders for a moment and then gestures along the ground. Where he gestures, a circle and runes made of silver appear. It takes a few minutes as he fine tunes the shape and size of the circle. "The circle itself should last some 6 hours or so. If you're intending a binding, I'd suggest going in and building something stronger out of the materials in the lab."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:32 am 
Lunatic

Thirwin pauses, "I thought you wanted to see the other circle in use. With a summoning of something friendly." He examines the circle, "Not bad."

He pulls out the flask he used before, and takes another sip form it. Slowly, he traces over a few key parts of the circle with the red substance inside. Once again, his bad rummages through itself, and some incense and colored powders are pushed out the top. Placing the candles at appropriate places, he starts chanting. Asking for an ally to come and calling something named Malakai by name.

Malakai is a halfling sized rat, wrapped in dark cloth and clutching a nine inch dagger as if it was a short sword. His eyes glow red and narrow at Thirwin. His voice is rasping and chattering, “You, you have a lot of nerve calling on me after what you’ve done.”

Thirwin looks over at him, “I was looking to make amends. I have a group of rats here that will need a leader. Or at least, someone who can properly teach them to survive.” He gestures at the rats, “Perhaps that is worth at least as much as the cloak and gloves I won off of you.”

Malakai twitches his nose, but doesn’t sheathe his ‘sword’. He shouts, “The deck was stacked!” Glancing over at the rats, he finally puts the dagger away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:39 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"That's friendly, huh?" Luma comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:42 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"For something summoned... yes."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:07 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Aurora:
Continuing around to the last room, you find it full of machinery. The water trough both begins and terminates here; a massive pump draws water up from somewhere below, and the flow descends into a heavily warded hole in the floor. Just in case the wards weren't enough, there are also several sets of bars down the length of the three foot wide pit. Given what you've already seen of the sewer monsters around here, that was probably a wise precaution.

Still, there's more machinery than would be needed just to run the pump, and it's not clear what the rest of the stuff does.

Also of note is the power supply for the thing; a set of three skeletons walk in endless circles around a capstan, treading mindlessly on the remains of what might once have been a fourth.

The rat continues to follow you. On entering the room, it actually shuts up for a moment, before leaping gleafully from the water trough to the perilous top of the machinery. "Ooh, now this is interesting! All these spinning bits... I wonder what's in here?" And it vanishes into the innards of the device, though continued chatter allows you some ability to track the rat's progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:43 pm 
Lunatic

"So, Malakai, would you be interesting in helping the rats here thrive? I hate leaving situations like this unattended." He grins, stepping out of the circle, figuring he can negotiate without the need for such protection. "Of course, you'd have to get the rats to follow you on your own, but you're skilled and knowledgeable, I think you can do it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:12 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora frowns in annoyance at the skeletons and quickly fades back into invisibility. Keeping an eye on the skeletons, Aurora inspects the machinery closer. Maybe the remainder of the works are simply for obfuscation, but given the nature of the rest of the lab she rather doubts that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:19 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

The device seems to have three separate sections - one is the pump, one appears to be a simple motor arrangement that connects to something below the floor, and the third is enigmatic - and unfinished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:56 am 
Lunatic

Aurora gives the device one last look, with any luck if she sees something similar she'll recognize it, and heads back to the group fading into visibility again as she does so. "So near's I see it, Stewart still needs to raid the library and I still need to meet with the Seneschal once more. There's also the matter of getting to this temple of yours, Thirwin. It's some distance to there and would take a while to make it there on foot. I could speed our travel there somewhat, or we could see how functional we can get the ship Stewart, Luma, and I... ah... acquired. Either way, I figure we can head out tomorrow or maybe the day after."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:02 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"I'm somewhat leery of using the airship. It's a gigantic target. I could bring us closer to the temple if we can find appropriate references though."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 26 Next