Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 620 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:54 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Certainly! I... say, what's that?" The raven flits over the discarded "Magic of Ferrets" book, and picks it up in his beak - then looks at you with a mischevious glint in his eyes. "I know just the place for this!" And with that, he vanishes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:59 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart blinks. "Hopefully that won't be missed. Eh, nothing to do but keep going, I guess." And with no further ado, he returns to using legend lore on the torc and, barring other interruptions, the artifacts labeled "no known powers"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:08 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"I had originally made it to go where it was needed," the raven explains, "But that was a very long time ago, and I'm really not sure what definition of 'needed' it's using, anymore. Assuming I'm even remembering that right; it would have been just my style to make it random and then claim it went where it was needed..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:15 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"That's assuming that it wasn't needed randomly. The universe needs a little oddity from time to time. You can't visit Nemiriya's realm and not see that. A book here, a were-rat there, and a couple of rotating cubes somewhere else. Keeps the place interesting."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:18 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

The raven's head bobs up and down rapidly. "Exactly! So glad someone sees things my way!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:22 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Well, I'm not sure about that. Order and reason are useful things too. Let's just say I see that your influence is useful."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:27 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Pft. Bo-ring." The raven blinks. "Hm... You said something about other artifacts, didn't you?" He hops over to Lauren's backpack, and starts rifling through it. Artifact after artifact gets pulled out, and tossed aside with the comment "Unimportant!" - until he gets to a small adamantine key. "Hey, I haven't seen this in a while. What was it for again? Hm..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:31 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

As the raven rifles through the backpack, Stewart will add "Well, if everything was random, people wouldn't even notice what you do."

When the raven pulls out the key, Stewart will comment, "Oh, it seems to try to petrify people. But I bet that's not what it's for. Perhaps a green dragon's back door?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:43 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Sortof. Close. Ish. Nah; I remember now - this is one of the keys to the Vault." The raven peers at you thoughtfully.

"When next you see that fuzzy kitten Harfang, let him know I've paid my debt in full, would you?" He waves one wing in front of him, and a nearly identical black key falls to the floor. "There's my key; just five more for you to find!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:35 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

"Well, if Hunter-in-Darkness is listening the next time I see him, I'll mention it. Assuming you didn't just tell him. He tends to pay attention when named."

Stewart peers at the new key. "I don't suppose it's at all safe for me to touch that."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 620 Next