Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1820 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:48 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora hovers a ways off to the side, studying the pending fight and paying particular attention to the shielded man. She hasn't the faintest clue what sort of spellcaster he is, if he even is one, and there're enough odd sorts of casters out there that not knowing can be the difference between winning and death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:14 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Twill:
"Yes. Yes it would. Of course... why bother with guns?" He turns his back on you and casts a fireball down at the mansion. The field he put up still faintly shimmers around him.

Aurora:
The gunners may be out of the fight already, but you recognize the field around their leader: it's the same sort of anti-life shell you used against the sewer monsters.

Stewart:
The flames start to die down at your mental commands - and then Luma hauls you backwards as another fireball lands where you had been standing. Worse, it's a much stronger fireball - the others had been at very nearly minimum strength, while this one is very nearly the same strength you'd be able to put out. Needless to say, this does not do much for controlling the fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:25 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill thrusts at the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:29 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill:
Your sword slides through the field as if it wasn't there. Your hand, however, feels like you'd just punched an stone wall.

"Well, time to get out whatever ranged weapon you carry," Lauren comments. "I can't get rid of that shield."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:32 pm 
Needs a Guide

"Right," Twill says, then rolls suddenly into a summersault before springing to his feet again. Somehow, in the intervening time, his sword has been sheathed and his boots removed.

"I give you one last chance to surrender," he says menacingly, sheathing and unsheathing his toe claws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:23 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Twill:
The man turns around again. "I'm sorry, that was my line. And you're still here."

He casts another spell, freezing you in place. (Hold Monster, for those in the area with the knowledge to identify spells.)

"Oh, come on," mutters Lauren. "Could you get any more cheap than that?" And she retaliates with a simple gust of wind spell, knocking him off the boat.

Fortunately, hold spells don't last for long, and you're soon able to move again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:26 pm 
Needs a Guide

Twill applauds. "Nicely done there, m'Lady."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:40 pm 
Lunatic

Aurora swoops around to better see the arcanist's descent, not really believing the fight could end so readily. Overhearing Twill's comment one corner of her mouth twitches irritably. 'If you can promise me no one will die as a consequence of that aid.' indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart grins and says "Yess-ack!" as he's pulled back.

"Now, this is just getting irritating. Twill's desires or no, something has to be done about these fireballs." He summons up his focus again and a huge construct begins forming: vaguely humanoid, but with wings instead of arms and with sharp talons for feet. "Power Resistance and Invisiblilty should do nicely," and the construct shimmers from sight as it finishes forming. "Attack anything that sends a fireball at the castle," Stewart frowns and adds, "and try not to kill them."

He turns back to attempting to douse the fires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:23 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Stewart:
You're able to damp out the fire in your immediate vicinity.
"I think we may have company..." Luma points upwards, to where a Tavinoy mage is slowly drifting downwards, having apparently fallen off the airship.

Twill:
"He'll be back soon enough," Lauren says.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1820 Next