Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"No, Mr. Kitty, I don't know why you're in a tree." Suspecting that this may be one of those rare times when a belly rub is not preferable, Ametrine decides on introductions instead. "My name's Ametrine, nice to meet you! And the guy riding on the horse is Mr. Willoughby."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:14 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

As Ametrine mentions his name, Willoughby tips his hat. "I'm afraid I don't know what rationale underlies your present choice of location, no," he says, dismounting. "Why do you ask? Is this an unusual place to find yourself in?" The butler peers up at the tree, fiddling with his monocle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:43 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"I am Skirrik. What brings the two of you out this way? I must confess, I am somewhat curious as to news of the world; most people seem to prefer running away to talking..." Skirrik yawns, displaying a mouth full of sharp teeth. "I'm sure I have no idea why," it adds, sarcastically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:46 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Mr. Willoughby here is looking for Twill and kidnappers! I want to learn the secrets of making lemonade! People run away because your yawn frightens them! Have you been in that tree since you were born?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:46 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Of course not! Silly dragon."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:20 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

(Posting inhibited due to broken laptop.)

"Amertine has succinctly expressed the present situation. Do you have any news of the swordsman Twill? And, er.... I'm afraid you're scaring the horse."

Willoughby considers for a moment. "If you have not heard it already, I could give you a summary of Twill's latest escapade. But I was intending to cover as much distance as possible in my travels today."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:44 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Twill? Never heard of... her? Him?" Skirrik shrugs, a rather complicated gesture for a creature with that many limbs.

"If you wanted to tell me while moving, I'm sure I can keep up with a mere horse."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:45 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

"Can Skirrik come with us too, Mr. Willoughby? It'll be fun! He'll be able to see the world and everything!" Ametrine considers the puppy-dog eyes, or the toothy grin, and finally decides on both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:21 pm 
Missing Some Marbles

An unreadable expression flashes across Willoughby's face, briefly supplanting his usual impervious tranquility. A displacer beast was not part of the plan. But he nods slightly, and says, "Very well. You are welcome to travel with us, Skirrik, if you choose to do so. My name is Mr. Willoughby, and I am a valet, though I do serve as a butler as well."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:37 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

If there is one advantage to traveling with a displacer beast and a yellow dragon, it is that bandits (and other more animalistic predators) take one look (or one sniff, as the case may be) at the three of you and make haste to be elsewhere. Of course, Mr. Willoughby's horse is not at all pleased with the arrangement...

The disadvantage, of course, is that now you have two steady streams of questions. Amertine wants to know everything about anything he sees, while Skirrik asks more about people, what they do, why they do it, and the general social and political structure of the (humanoid) world.
With some effort, it is possible to distract Skirrik into answering some of Amertine's questions about, for example, what's a squirrel, and why is it in that tree? - thus achieving some degree of peace, if not quiet.

The other obvious disadvantage, namely the reaction of the non-criminal populace to someone traveling with a displacer beast, is soon shown to be a moot point. As you reach the fields around the next town on your path, Skirrik simply vanishes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 11 Next