Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will agree, poke his head into where Luma is (was?) practicing and say he is leaving before heading to the palace with Kiaskurro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:45 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Luma nods, and wishes you luck. And yes, she's still at it - though she does seem to be slowing down a bit.

The day outside is more or less pleasant, if a bit on the chilly side; heavy cloud cover blocks out the sun, and hints at a possibility of rain later on. The streets are mostly clear; this time of day, most people have already gone to wherever it is they need to go.

At the palace, a servant checks the books, notes that you do in fact have an appointment, and leads the two of you to the library.

"The queen will be with you shortly," the servant says, and departs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:12 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart looks around with a satisfied (and somewhat distracted) air. "Ah. The library. How useful. We can look around before we see the queen. Why don't you see if you can find anything on Hunger-in-Darkness."

Without waiting for an answer, Stewart starts looking through the library for information on the Tapestry of Stars.

Edit: Actually finished the post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:41 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

You find few references to the Tapestry of Stars, and those you do find seem to use the term as a fancy sounding name for the night sky, claiming that the sky is a "great work of art", and attributing its creation to various different deities, or groups of deities. Still, you haven't come close to exhausting the available resources when Queen Malika arrives.

"So, what have you discovered?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will stare off in thought for a moment and then describe what he knows: Luma's alterations, Hunger-in-Darkness's involvement, and the prophesy of the Tapestry of Stars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:58 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Hunger-in-Darkness? Really? I can think of at least three reasons why that shouldn't be possible. This prophecy must be something rather important to him..." Malika trails off, lost in thought.

Kiaskurro takes this opportunity to speak up, "If the two of you don't mind, I would like to bow out of this business. I am not interested in becoming involved in the affairs of gods."

Malika just looks at Kiaskurro, and he hastens to add, "As for the Tapestry of Stars, though... I do remember one book that referred to it as an actual object. It was in the library of Duke Arthos of Dornsby, one of my earlier patrons. I can write you a letter of introduction..."

The queen nods, clearly not pleased, but no longer annoyed enough to be more dangerous than involving oneself in the affairs of gods. "Very well. Write such a letter for Stewart and Luma. You may go."

Kiaskurro hurries out, and queen Malika returns to silent thought.

After a minute, she says, "Well. In order to do what he did, he would have to have been physically present, or very nearly so. By everything I've heard about him, that ought to have implied the death of everyone in Targrove. So. I don't want to give him any excuse to come back here - which, alas, rules out simply killing her. The easy solutions never work... Come, then. I have three things you might find of use."

Malika strides off into the depths of the library.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:29 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart's only comment throughout the entire process is a quiet "Three reasons? Hmm..."

He'll frown slightly at Kiaskurro's departure, but make no objections at all.

And, finally, he will pause for a moment to carefully put away the tome he was reading when the Queen arrived before following her deeper into the library.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:26 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

Malika eventually stops in front of an unremarkable bookcase in the middle of a long (and rather well hidden) hallway.
"Ah, here they are. These are illusory copies, so keep them as long as you need - and dispel them when you're done."

She picks up two books and hands them to you. One is a tiny black-bound tome, completely unlabeled. The other, slightly larger, says simply "Origins" in faded lettering on a brown cover. She taps the second one "Much of this book is utter nonsense, but the third chapter seems reasonably accurate, at least in his facts - if not his historical conclusions."

"And the third thing," Malika hands you a simple copper ring, "This is for Luma. Now, the sooner you can get her out of my city, the better."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:37 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Stewart will take each item with care, tucking the books into the pockets of his robes and the ring into a small inner pocket. "Then I had best prepare for travel." He bows and adds, "With your leave, your majesty," before slowly leaving.

While walking down the streets of Targrove, Stewart will pull the ring from his robes, hold it closely in front of his glasses, mutter a command word, and peer at it intently for a moment before putting the it away again.

When he returns to the tower, he pulls a haversack from a corner and tosses the books inside. He'll return to his rooms, change into a set of simple conjured robes, and load the haversack up before returning to his sitting rooms. "Luma, I have something for you... And we should probably leave after Kiaskurro comes by with a couple of letters for us." If Luma doesn't respond (he didn't check to see if she was near before talking), he'll seek her out at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:44 am 
Prismatic Pangolin

"Oh? Did you find something useful in the Queen's library?" Luma comes into view from the direction of your library, carrying a book - one of your (many) tomes on magic theory (albeit a rather basic one). This is a rather unusual choice of reading material for her.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next