07.11c: Into the Woods

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.11c: Into the Woods

Post by Rasanam »

When it comes time to return to Amber, Rasanam will pull out the trump card for the docks and use that to handle the return trip.

This, of course, also strips his shapeshifting spell - but he was expecting that, this time. And quietly comments to his wife, "On further consideration, I think it more appropriate for me to attend tonight's festivities as myself."

Then he looks over to where Caelund is trying to remain unobtrusive. "Which reminds me - I expect we'll see you again at the soirée tonight? If you're feeling well enough to attend? Regardless," he holds out a hand to shake, "a pleasure meeting you,... what did you say your name was, again?"
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

When Ranasam brandishes the trump card, Caelund peers at it briefly through his dark lenses before returning his attention to study their eventual surroundings. While the rest of the group closes to trump as a unit, the grey-clothed man remains a pace distant. Resting a hand on the case at his belt, he ruffles the thumb along the exposed corner of the deck within, halting and slipping the digit between the cards. Upon arrival at the Docks, he is in approximately the same location and standing with his good arm lazily crossing the bound one. As the wizard turns to him, he drops the arm to his side and lets the man have his say.

“It was not inquired for, Mister Lydre,” comes the terse reply, as the injured man glances at the offered hand warily. With a short, semi-formal bow of twenty-two-point-five degrees*, he continues, “though Mister Johnson** shall suffice for now. As for the invitation, it would be most ungracious to reject one offered by an incarnate divinity, and most prudent to avoid accruing enmity quite yet. ”
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Something about the whole expedition felt off to Lyra the entire time though she's been unable to explain what's been nagging at her. She keeps an eye on Odin as they Trump back to the docks. She nods in agreement with Rasanam's plan for the coming evening's events and winces at being referred to as divine. "There's that divinity stuff again. If we were really Gods I don't think some stupid vines would have been even an annoyance." She pauses for a response, expecting someone to object to her rejection of the term, before continuing. "Well, Mr. Johnson, toward what end were you out in the woods looking for inspiration? What's your trade or passion may I ask?"
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

The man who just introduced himself as Mr. Johnson regards Lyra with (un)due caution, and ponders for a long moment before offering a distracted reply:

“Gods are but shadows of those who believe, while we stand at a Beacon*.”

He then gives Lyra his full attention, and continues with exacting enunciation and at a conversational pace.

“I mince my words most carefully Missus Lydre-Altherin**, and if you twist them otherwise the meaning is lost therein. Defined we are by what we do and not by what we say; The challenges we face are what refine us day by day. We each have means and cause to summon forth the Second Law, but once we push the veil back we must pause to withdraw. These trials sought and trials found within an endless wood allow for clarity and introspection sooner than one should. You warp scales and shades of worlds while I have but my own, thus I observe the ripples of time and reflect on what is sewn. My trades, they are a multitude; my passions are not sparse, but yet if I claimed one mastery twould surely prove a farce. I leave you thus with rhymes galore than give a simple line, for space to talk shall come tonight when we shall meet and dine.”

And with that, he offers the group a formal bow, returns Krajk the loaned javelin (with another bow), and makes his way towards the city proper.

((If anyone wants to follow him, we might want to start a new thread. Otherwise, Caelund will head off and do his own things.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: When you head off into the city, if you don't have a place in mind, just post a general idea of what you're doing in the Thursday thread.)