07.07g: Workshop Outside Space

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

Re: 07.07g: Workshop Outside Space

Post by misfit »

(OOC: Well I'm assuming that since Pattern and Logrus don't get along, I'm assuming that 1 is likely a death sentence. If not, it will get very interesting.

2 raises the question of what crimes against Amber did he commit? Trespassing? Is shapeshifting into a member of the Court illegal at this point? Do you get the death penalty for crashing a party?

3 says that answers to my questions about 2 come down to "well he didn't really break any rules". Chaos on the other hand is likely to smack him down for blowing his cover, compromising Odin's mission and/or showing us that their powers do work here, at least to some degree. Odin might even do it himself to try to salvage his mission...or lull us into a false sense of security as the case may be.

4 allows for the creation of a recurring menace...even if not a truly major one.

5 could keep us arguing and debating for weeks, but could come up with some interesting ideas.

My favorites are 3 and 4.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

OOC: Not there, so Alys has no input in this... but if she were, she might suggest: Strip his shapeshifting ability; leave him permanently human. Of course, he'd likely kill himself not too long after that, but hey.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((I'd think there'd be something in place about either pretending to be an Amberite or trying to take advantage of their perks, which might fulfill "crimes against Amber". 1 might be entertaining, but I think Asai would lean towards 4 of those options, knowing full well it could effectively end up being #3. They both start kinda' the same really.))
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC; I'm partial to 1 myself. Given my character history, things could indeed get very interesting!)
Solten
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Just a couple of quick thought.

To respond to Veyska, I was thinking more about the fact that the legal system is kinda vague. Then again, under Amber law offending anyone in that room would be a capital offense for him. The big issues with that are making it happen and not ticking off Dworkin since this is a diplomatic issue.

And it occurs that if 1 happens and he survives, Dworkin will still probably try to collar him with a trump anyway.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin tilts his head, "Oh, they're back..." then releases Oagthack onto the floor. "Well, no one dead or anything, that does change things. But you did disrupt our anniversary ball... but if I started executing people for that, it would be quite a scandal." He looks towards Odin. "I suppose we could try him in Clan politics... But I think this is enough for tonight. People are tired, and we have no idea what we were hit by. Oag, I'll give you 'till morning to decide to talk on this."

Dworkin will pause, "It's not going to strike us tonight is it?" The question carries with it an impossibly sharp edge... giving the impression of a demon looming over a cowering child instead of a dwarf glaring at a water giant. Those of you who are looking around may notice the entire ceiling blinks with an eye for just a moment.

Oagthack squeaks "No... On the Logrus, no. Its plan was for two nights from now, but that's changed. I don't think it would move plans up though. Back instead." He whimpers with a bubbles in milk sound... "No escape..."

Odin looks at Dworkin... "What was that about?"

"We can talk about it once we make sure the others are okay." Dworkin sighs, "And perhaps a breakfast explanation at the castle is in order."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Around this time, Solten suddenly looks slightly panicked, then calms a bit, concentrates a moment, then yelps and says in a slightly loud voice "Alys? What the hell?" (Assuming at least one person turns to look at him) He looks chagrined for a moment, then oblivious and frustrated. In a much lower but still plainly audible voice "But you're...! Nevermind, we'll get to that later. What happened to Sadie this time?!" At this point, it's rather like that guy talking on a cell phone in a quiet area. Then another stretch of silence. "She ate a... of course the thief didn't like that. Broke *her* bones? What kind of thief was it?" At this point he realizes he's continued talking out loud, and forces himself to calm down. Other than some concentration and occasionally gesturing, the rest of the conversation is internal. After a time, he gets pulled through a trump connection, back to Seating Area 2.
Solten
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"So now that we've apparently been upstaged by Act II, what next for our roles?" Asai will quip.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will shrug, "Good lady... I guess the pending war is not something I can ignore. I had hoped it would be a few years before we had to begin preparations, so that you could explore your own abilities." He sighs, "This think that Oakthack encountered, that was unexpected."

Odin will say, "You speak as though you know it's not of the courts..."

Dworkin will nod. "It is a thought. I can't imagine them not telling you if it was." He will then turn to Asai... "I'm thinking some interviews and discussion. Exchange information, and if Oag wishes to explain himself, we can be a bit nicer to him. If not... Well, Pattern and Logrus can roshambo for the privilege of ripping him apart."

Oag will visibly flinch at the mention of Logrus in this context.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall buries his head in hands and makes a sound that's part exasperated sigh and part frustrated growl. He then takes a deep breath and pulls himself somewhat together. He stands straight and takes hold of something that would make an effective bludgeon. He tries to hold it casually at his side, but even a blind person wouldn't take his body language as "casual". He will stand quietly and wait to see what...if anything...more developes.