07.06: Battle Montage

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06: Battle Montage

Post by Joshua »

The crowd edges closer as Osmund keeps them at bay. His attempts at casting are slightly disrupted by the amount of rocks and other things being thrown. He switches to a more aggressive stance for just a second...
When three perfectly synched musket-balls strike in a triangle around him and Renny.

"Disperse!" Orders a male voice. "In the name of Her Majesty, Keeper of Alexandria, who had her name erased such that she may remember all."

A dozen swashbucklers in green tunics approach, swords out as the crowd parts. The leader turns a little pale at the bisected horse, before pushing that down and offering to help Renny up and out from under the bloody mess. "Mi'lady, are you okay?"

(OOC: After a hellride, you find 'exactly what you're looking for'tm, so feel free to make up and details or actions that you desire.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny accepts his hand up. She collects herself and stands up straight and tall despite a myriad of small wounds and a lot of blood (mostly her horse's). "Thank you. That was neatly handled; I was expecting quite a bit of bloodshed."

OOC: If you'd like, I'll attempt to sketch out some characters for them quickly in the next day or two. But tonight sleep sounds like a very good plan.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"We're not out of this yet." The swashbuckler guy starts a withdrawal with the group, backing away from the angry crowd, still debating who might actually have the upper hand. "What are you doing in the lawless zone? You're lucky we were traveling or we'd never have found you."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"We were just passing through. Lawless zone?" Renny's tone says she has no idea what he is talking about. But she is sizing up the crowd and possible escape routes.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

OOC: BTW, I apologize for the slow, short responses at the moment. A significant amount of my spare time for gaming is getting sucked into getting games ready for Ambercon right now. Should be back to normal by the weekend. :)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: I hope the setting for this game is as interesting as stuff you see there.)

Once you manage to pull away from the crowd and get some distance from them, the leader who has been talking to you explains, "The whole city is lost to the new order. Sometimes, I feel like we no longer make a difference. At best, we're making the transition a little less bloody, but that stupid belief in the power of ignorance spreads like a plague."

One of the female swashbucklers will add, "Lance, what can we do? Even if we are the last hope in the country, and that hope is doomed, it's not like anywhere else will accept us. Our people were the start of this ignorance. This is the only home we will ever have."

(OOC: Usually when you search for people via hellride or desire, it is assumed you're also looking for someone willing to go with you. Again, I'm sure Renny knows this, but for those others reading the thread.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

(OOC: I'm actually relatively unlikely to be playing in a "normal" Amber game there. Right now I'm mostly thinking about the games Kit Kindred or I will run, including Star Wars, modern-day demigods, and Harry Potter Aurors. All diceless, of course!)

"I wouldn't be so certain of that," Renny says to her gently. "I've come here looking for brave swords to help patrol a young city which is suffering serious growing pains."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"If there's a city where we could be of use, I believe my squad would like that," Lance says. The group leads you to a nearby building, that looks like a cross between a library and a prison. "Please excuse the appearance, we had to put a lot of defenses up with the riots. Where is your country? And, do you need assurance we don't carry the memetic contagion?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

OOC: OMG, you made me laugh hard with that last post!

"Do you have such assurance?" Renny asks.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: For further reading on memetic disorders, such as Science Related Memetic Disorder (SRMD) (a.k.a. Mad Science), contact your local library. When they tell you just to google it, check out A Miracle of Science. Seriously, check it out. We'll wait.)

(OOC: okay. To continue:)

Lance sighs, "Not exactly..." He works his way past a number of checkpoints, and into a medium-sized briefing room.

One of the female soldiers (musketeers?) will step forward. "I'm River Legend." As if that's an answer.

Osmund will offer the question, "Patient zero?"

After an awkward pause, she'll add, "Yes. But it's in remission. No blind loyalty, I can question teachings, and accept new ideas."