07.05g: The Drowned City

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.05g: The Drowned City

Post by Sadie »

"Solten!!!!" Sadie beams. "You still look a mess..." Blushes... "Well since you are here anyway, there's plenty of room and bubbles... You could join me... Besides I'm not thinking this arrangement was accidental. So let's not be rude to our hosts. They're trying to help I think." Blushing a bit more. "I won't bite... much." She tries to grin devilishly but the whole effect is ruined by her inability to not blush and keep her lips from curling too much. Fortunately thanks to her enlarged canines it's not completely ineffective.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten can't help but smile again at her reaction. "Well... I can't very well pass up an invitation like that!" Deciding, finally, that all this embarrassment and anxiety really isn't his thing. Nothing else gets him flustered like that, and it's not like this is a bad thing anyway, right? So, he takes a deep breath, looking at the floor, then looks up again straight into her eyes with his own crooked grin. "If you're not going to bite, I just might..." Still looking into her eyes, he gets undressed quickly, but not hurriedly, crawls to the tub (it is in the floor, after all), and climbs in.

"Oh damn, that water feels good." He sighs. "No wonder you've healed up so quickly if you've been in here long." Then he scoots over to put his arm around Sadie. "So. Who was trying not to bite who?"
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Oh you wanna bite ME now?" Letting out a feral smile. "I'd like to see you try!"
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Nothing like a good challenge to forget all one's inhibitions... "That sounds like a challenge!" Solten tries to turn his arm-over-the-shoulder into a grab, but she quickly ducks under the water and pops up at the other end of the tub. He lunges across to intercept her surfacing and manages to pin her to the side of the tub for a moment before slipping away again. Before long, both are breathing hard, and resistance is little more than a token. Finally, Solten swoops in and pins her with the full length of his body and brings his lips to hers. "Got you." He breaths quickly, before continuing this new, rather more exciting, assault.

...and Fade to black.
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Afterwords Sadie lies contently in Solten's arms and nuzzles under his chin. "We need to get ready for the ball... Do you have a suit yet? If not you better get to it. My dress is amazing! My new aide Priscilla made it for me, she's the best."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

"There's always so much going on here! We should go find a shadow with slow time for a while..." He notes the expression on her face at the though of putting off being able to model her new dress. "Ok, ok, he chuckles. Perhaps after the ball." He reluctantly disentangles himself and climbs out of the amazingly still warm bath; pausing before breaking contact to whisper "I really like this form on you" and wink.

Once out of the tub, he dries off and dons a robe/gown/thing (one of the apparently universal ones in this place). He looks back and the tub. "A suit huh? I don't know if I've ever worn one of those. This could be interesting." With that, he exits the room.

Solten wanders over into this thread.
Last edited by coldcandor on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

A short time later, an aide will enter the room. "Mi'Lady, I hate to interrupt, but the runner returned. You need to speak with Ashara right away."

She will offer towel and temporary clothing.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie: "Awww and I was so relaxed. Alright be right there." Reluctantly gets up, dressed and heads to see Ashara with a glow and a bounce to her step.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ashara is in a smaller audience chamber making some minor preparations for the ball. "Lady Sadie, thank you for seeing me. I apologize for this, but I thought it more fitting than me joining your bath. The runner returned."

She takes a breath and forces herself to calm down. "You're definitely going to be announced as a high member of Rebma. The runner was not told what though, as is typical of Dworkin. But, it seems that I may not be needed much longer." She shakes her head. "To make such an offer to someone who has not proven themselves is unheard of. I understand you are injured, so the exception is somewhat understandable."

"What will you need from me?"
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I... what? Um, well since we do not know what exactly my position is yet, what I need from you is to keep doing what you're doing. Having me take the reigns in the middle of an event we're holding is very much not a prudent thing to do. For now, you're in charge and for tonight whatever my position turns out to be I will act as little more than a face until we both know exactly what's going on."

"As for not being needed, you've been here running things for awhile now I believe, the nobles and people know you, and you know them. I'm from a shadow far different than this place. So please don't count yourself out so soon. You may be needed for a long time yet... For one... I've mostly lived as a street cop or rescue responder, so really the more friends that can help me blend and adapt the better. So instead of asking me what I need you to do, I'm asking you, what do I need to be doing to cause as little trouble with our event tonight as possible so we... or I don't make fools of ourselves?"