07.02a: Sufficiently Advanced (Scorched Landing)

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.02a: Sufficiently Advanced (Scorched Landing)

Post by Sadie »

Her dreams are...

being chased by a dragon, which Solten stops in whichever way he does.

Happily skipping along, in naked human form, on a leash held by Solten through a field of wildflowers, which suddenly bursts into flames as a giant dragon bursts forth from the ground, which once again Solten chases off or something

being in an adventuring party that gets ambushed unprepared by a dragon, Solten once again... somehow saves the day.

oooh something different, she's in a building with children and it bursts into flames with a board falling between her and the children, but the flames are too strong she can't... oh wait, Solten saves the day again.

oh here we are back to running from the dragon again... and here's solten to... wait two soltens? Apparently you're here on autopilot now as well... isn't this confusing... Sadie doesn't seem to mind two Soltens... the dream starts going in other directions, but they're all canines now, well if real Solten comprehends the mental impression should be... when did that happen?

The confusion breaks to the three of them running through the earlier field of flowers no longer on fire playing happily. The dragon once again bursts from the ground and Sadie and auto Solten growl at the dragon and if he picks up the mental cue real Solten does too, the dragon now looking like a cartoon dragon yelps like a hurt pup and runs away in an exaggerated super fast zig zag pattern, as Sadie and Auto Solten and real Solten, if he keeps up, fall to the ground on their backs now in human forms rolling around on the ground laughing hysterically.

Sadie murmurs happily in her sleep...
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

In an attempt to be creative and "lighten the mood", Solten finds various interesting ways of removing the dragon after initially simply fighting it off with a sword: Things like conjuring a giant anvil/safe/piano from the sky, brushing it away with a giant feather duster, shrinking it down and punting it into the distance, and rearranging its limbs like a dragon Mr. Potato so it can't do anything. The fires are put out by various forms of DBZ style water cannons and, in one case, Solten in wolf form treating it like a giant fire hydrant. When Sadie's mind starts also conjuring a version of him, he opts to simply watch and follow along, curious how she unconcoiusly thinks of him.

The conversation with Oberon ebs and flows around breaks in the mental action, resulting in periods of Solten trailing off, concentrating, or smiling in between bouts of rapid-fire questions. It's a rather unusual night.

"Walking toward that which infected me, now that would be quite an adventure I'm sure. Believe it or not, I think you just answered a couple things for me. Not exactly the answers I was hoping for, but it isn't called Chaos for nothing. I'll have to think about exactly what that means..."

He'll continue pestering Oberon for information about the various powers people in Amber have been known to have, and what seems to be related to Chaos and what to the Pattern. Osmund may get mentioned if Oberon knows of him.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon knows a lot about pattern, only enough about trump as you're seen used all ready, and a few hints about shapeshifting, sorcery and conjuration. He knows little about real Chaos, only that shapeshifting comes from it.

In the morning, the two of you make a makeshift tie for sadie. Her regeneration has gotten the worst of it setup. Oberon and you likely figure out some kind of way to attach Sadie to a horse to cause the least damage for moving her, and head back to the town.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(If you have any other questions for Oberon, let me know, otherwise, continue here.)
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten will use this time to also get some basic details about Amber, such as what the courts are and what they represent represent. Otherwise, he is pretty focused on keep Sadie resting well.
Solten