07.03: Moonlight Tea

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.03: Moonlight Tea

Post by Joshua »

The highest point in Tir-Na Nog'th is currently home to two old associates, Dworkin and Odin, having tea. The observatory tower is lit by a few candles and strong moonlight as it overlooks the rest of the floating castle. To one side is a telescope that is aimed at the stars. There is a fireplace, but the fire is very low. Despite all the openings around the room, it is warm, heat kept inside by some enchantment. Access is through a spiral staircase that comes up through the center of the room. The aroma of various tea is strong, a mixture of green and black.
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Re: 07.03: Moonlight Tea

Post by Brian C »

Trina twirls towards the observatory and looks at the sky sighing.
"I do love the nights here. Gentlemen, you've been discussing other kingdoms and based on what Ive heard, possible dissolution or hostilities with us. Given that I'm one of the people charged with Amber's defense I'd like to know what is going on."

"Odin who are you? How many enemies do we already have? How much time do we have?"
"Dworkin, How many enemies are specifically coming for you? Is Odin likely to become one of our possible enemies or are you recruiting him to keep that from happening?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin takes about 10 seconds to pick up his jaw.

Odin takes a little longer, then he starts laughing and shaking his head. "You really haven't planned any of this, have you?" He says to Dworkin, between laughs. He composes himself. "Forgive me, but it's been almost two, maybe three hundred years since someone has said something to me so simply. "Dworkin, not to ruin your game, but I feel your pawns really should be a little more informed. My lady, do you know what the word billion means?"
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Eretria gives a warm throaty laugh.
"I prefer the word infinitesimal, but yes I know what it means."

"Dworkin, I apologize if I've upset you."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Where I am from there are at least six or eight billion who want to tear Dworkin apart with claws." He turns towards Dworkin, "You sir, have played me false. Played us all false. And perhaps yourself." He shakes his head. "I represent a very small group that was able to find where Dworkin went when he fled our home."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"Perhaps with enough time that rage might cool and allow for a different perspective. Are you here to decide whether or not we get it?"
Last edited by Brian C on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"My dear, It may surprise you to find exactly how difficult this place is to reach. Especially by means which defy directions. Were I to tell those billions of angry people where you were, perhaps less than a hundred would be able to reach here." He shakes his head. "No, I'm here to ask Dworkin to throw himself on the court's mercy in an attempt to prevent any more of them from dying in civil war. I suppose I could try to aim both sides here. You'd be safe enough for some time..."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"If you are any indication, I'd think that where you come form is in enough flux to always be at war somewhere. I've seen my share of war. If you'd like an arbitrator I'd be happy to offer my services. If you'd like a guide here consider the offer open."
"You said something about an abyss dog? What did you mean?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"The Abyss Hound is a grim reaper that takes your soul to non-existence when you die." Odin shakes his head. "It's just a legend. Where I come from we have hundreds of legends." He stands up and looks to Dworkin then back to Eretria, "Perhaps a tour would be more interesting. Dworkin and I are not getting much done."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

"Well then. Let me show you Tir-na Nog'th. it's wonders are quite beautiful. By the time we're done with the short tour we should be able to catch the last dance of the after-party."

She'll extend her hand palm downwards mirroring the gesture of any queen welcoming a foreign knight to the land.

(OOC: I expect to keep the conversation going after we leave Dworkin for a bit, so I'd like to keep this going or we can continue over AIM)