07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.01d: The Seventh Winter (Dinner Table)

Post by Joshua »

Oberon shrugs and also gets serious. "He did say Odin was a spy for a rival court or set of courts. We're being scouted by someone on par with Dworkin." He smiles, "You're a prince, you should know what diplomat means."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"You overstate my rank, but in essence you are correct. Knowing and liking at two quite different things. I cannot help be feel that I have been outmaneuvered and am being thrust into a game I do not understand. No doubt the players here believe me to be a pawn to be sacrificed. If that is the case, this pawn will teach them the error of their ways. This pawn will not go down without a fight."

Nuall pokes at his food for another minute or two then after a short pause the familiar smile returns to face.

"Forgive me gentlemen, that was quite rude of me. I would seem to surprisingly out of sorts this evening. The last two tendays seem to have unsettled me more than I had realized. It was completely inappropriate of me to take it out on the two of you as I did. I hope that you will accept my abject apologies. Perhaps it would be best if I withdrew before making another blunder this evening."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

((And now you see the time issues I mentioned I may run into. Especially now that the new WoW expansion is out and I'm likely to be more distracted than ever. So please do poke me when I'm quiet too long. You will notice, however, that occasionally when this happens, it will happen in game too...))

For the second time this night, Solten seems to have gotten lost in a haze and missed the passage of time. He looks down vaguely startled to see new food in front of him as Dworkin announces that he is departing for the evening.

He listens to the back and forth between Nuall and Oberon, and admires the determination in Nuall's tone. He says to Nuall, "There is nothing to forgive my friend. I admire that kind of determination to not be used. That's what we call survival. For Dworkin to have cancelled such an apparently important announcement, it seems we should stick to together more so than before. Keep your eyes open and your senses sharp though. This whole thing is making me nervous." He doesn't seem to notice the irony of his statement.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps after dessert we can pull an all nighter. Haven't done that in a while." Oberon smiles, "If these cards work the way I think, we'll be able to get out and back without the several day delay."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well good sir, I believe it behooves us to learn how to properly use this gift of Dworkin's. It would seem an 'all nighter' would be an ample opportunity to test them. I would even go so far as to say that we are obligated to so in the name of knowledge."

Nuall lifts his wine glass for a toast. "To knowledge my friends!"
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

"To knowledge" Solten echos. "I am in no hurry to sleep anyway. You tend to miss all the fun while asleep."
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"That's good. I'm considering where we can get for the night. I think we might be able to get a week if we hit the right areas. Assuming we're not stranded out there. It takes a good two days to get back the long way." He shrugs, "Guess we can test that here before we go. I think the principle is the same as communication, only more-so."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"You mean that if we concentrate on a card we can move to whatever...or whoever...is pictured on it? I've only seen two locations in the deck: the docks and my former home. I have no real desire to go back there, but it is away from here.

"But there is only one card for the three of us. Can we all use one, or does one person go and the other two use their cards for that person to follow? If you're using a card to travel to a person, do they have to co-operate, and if so how?

"This is all a bit...esoteric...for a mind as simple as mine. Am I making a shred of sense here or I'm a just being a bumbling buffoon? I prefer a good, straightforward brawl...those are so much easier to understand."

Nuall chuckles and takes another long drink...
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"We can get into those while we're out. Best you see gunfire sooner rather than later. I'm glad it doesn't work here though." Oberon shrugs. "As for the specifics, I think we need to cooperate. Eretria or Darnell would know more, if you wanted to ask one of them before we go."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

"As much fun as it can be to just jump into something, after tonight I think I'd like to get a bit more information before attempting to teleport myself to a picture. I wouldn't want to find myself merged with them or something equally unpleasant." He glances around and says in a conspiratorial whisper, "Then again, there's a few here I wouldn't mind merging with." He chuckles and leans back.

"Darnell is a pleasant fellow, if quite odd. He seems to know things. I do not know this Eretria." He thinks for a moment. "Whatever we do, it seems this night is bound to be eventful."
Solten