07.09g: Chance Meeting

The goings on of courts
misfit
Raving Mad

07.09g: Chance Meeting

Post by misfit »

Harrune wanders along almost completely oblivious to the happenings around him, thoughts of his conversation with Odin racing through his head. Is any of it true? Is all of it true? If so, what does that say of Dworkin's character and his plans for Amber? Does it really change anything?

Fortunately a small part of Harrune's brain is paying attention to navigation and stops him just short of walking into (and likely over) someone. He looks up to see an equally startled figure.

"Osmund! My apologies friend. I was not paying enough attention to where I was walking. Why are you wet?" Harrune sniffs and smiles. "Most people prefer Jolly's mead on the inside. That dwarf has a gift. That smells like his second best. You must have impressed him to get some of that. Come. Let's get you cleaned up and you can tell me how your day has been."
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.09g: Chance Meeting

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will slowly force his fingers to let go of the hilt hidden up his sleeve. "I saw you walk a pattern. Are you... what do you want?" He will look down before managing to answer. "Uh... Cameron spilled his drink. Sorry, got startled a bit. Was worried that I was not going to get back here when we left, or he'd return with a shadow of me." He will blink a little. "Did you change from the second pattern?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune looks slightly confused by the rapid changes in subject, but smiles and goes on. "Yes you did watch me walk. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to hear your thoughts on that. Things were a bit...hectic."

"Did the second Pattern change me? That is a difficult question to answer. The short answer would be that I have not noticed a change. That does not prove that there was no change. Some times it takes us time to notice the changes. In fact I suspect that none of us has fully realized what the first walk gave us. The second walk gave me some new insights, but that is likely to be the extent of it. I think I may have figured out a new trick or two, but I have not had time to put that to the test yet. If they work out I'll have to see if any of the others can duplicate it. That should tell us whether it is an effect of a second Pattern or not."

"I am still looking forward to visiting this partial Pattern of yours. Who knows what I may learn there?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will blush. "Sorry. I have no idea. I just..." He definitely is expecting trouble, but is in more of a defensive posture. "I... it was hard enough to think of someone walking a complete pattern. But, yes, I ... as I said, it's under about two thousand tons of rock. That might prove a problem." His hood flattens to his scalp again. Something is definately moving under there. "Cameron is nice, but he's... a little new here. He knows about walking though, but doesn't know he knows."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Harrune will speak very softly...so softly that a human standing in Osmund's place would not hear. "Peace friend. I mean you no harm. You are safe from me."

Returning to a normal speaking tone, Harrune will say, "Twenty thousand tons may indeed by a problem. Is there local help we might be able to get to move that? Magicians? Technology? We do have some time to consider possibilities before we leave."

They arrive at a structure. "This is a bath house that the centaurs use. They should all be out at the jousts, so you should have the place to yourself. Is that adequate for your needs? I can stand watch so that you won't be disturbed." Again, the very quite tone, "And it will give you a chance to do something about your ears. I don't know how you do it. I would drive me mad after a while." Harrune will smiles warmly.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund will enter quietly, blushing under his hood. "Of, of course." He will say... ducking into the bathhouse. It's got enough water to wash things off, and Osmund does normally rack a cleaning spell.

He will call out midway though. "Pich might be able to assist us. I haven't spoken to him, but in shadow, he has an item that can absorb large objects and landscape features."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Well, that is certainly impressive." While saying "impressive" Harrune is thinking other words as well, such as "disturbing" and "alarming". "It would no doubt make our task easier. What might it take to convince him to help us? And how far can we trust him?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"He put the world back together once. Also, it's shadow-specific magic. I doubt it'd work on anything real." Osmund will say. "We saved the world together actually. So, hopefully it will work out."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"One can hope, but there are rarely guarantees in life. Even if we clear your Pattern, there's no certainty that I will have the wit to learn anything of value from it. We can either try and hope we succeed or do nothing and never advance our knowledge. I for one prefer to try."

"By the way, I never heard your thoughts about seeing the Rebma Pattern and watching someone walk it. Did you learn anything of value to you?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There is a bit of a pause as all motion in the shower stops. "I- It's too much. I am not in physical shape to sustain that exertion. I won't survive unless I practice."