07.09f: Too Many Explosions

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

07.09f: Too Many Explosions

Post by Rasanam »

The explosion gets Rasanam's attention. A muttered word and a gesture* and he's in flight towards the accident as a steel-grey armored drake; a second word when he's close enough to the dwarven vehicle and the flames simply stop**.

Unfortunately, the spell doesn't stop the moonshine engine, which threatens to immediately re-ignite the wreck. Rasanam takes a fraction of a second to assess the situation, then rips the side off the vehicle and carries the pilot to the healer's tents while the moonshine burns itself out behind him.

_____
* This is a zero lynchpin spell - targets self, magic-of-Amber, and the specific form was designed well ahead of time.
** Also zero lynchpins - the flame suppression effect is targeted on an area around Rasanam.
(And on the title: in this case, one is considered too many.)
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.09f: Too Many Explosions

Post by Rasanam »

The healer's assessment is that, though the dwarf's burns are fairly serious, they're not life-threatening - though they would have been if he'd been stuck in his vehicle much longer.
Rasanam nods, "Good to hear that - my apologies," he says to the dwarf, "But I'm going to save my healing spells for now; you should recover without them, and I'm not willing to bet that will be true for everyone else this evening. Of course, if I have any left after the tournaments are over..."
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Asai is in motion towards the explosion at almost the exact same second that Rasanam is*, although with his shapeshifted flight he beats here there by a few moments. Seeing that Rasanam has rescued the only person in immediate danger from the fire, Asai hisses a few words at the fire which obligingly coils in on itself before twisting up in the air into a suitably dramatic and violent-looking (this is Ht'gon, after all) dancing fire sculpture. It is quite well-contained** and will merrily burn until it either runs out of fuel or is put out. In either case, unless someone cuts through the theatricality and just outright snuffs it the fire will die a dramatic death suitable to the means of its ending***.

This done, she will make her way over to the healers as well, albeit at a far more leisurely pace. Once there she will, in a gently teasing voice****, offer to heal the dwarf instead if he'd prefer to not wait. Assuming he accepts, she gives him two options - slower healing but awake to have visitors/admirers or faster healing with a deep sleep for several hours to block the pain. Then, since she's in the area anyhow, Asai will saunter down through the various other less dramatically wounded sorts that actually bothered going to the infirmary offering minor healing spells. Most of them don't need anything more and probably a good half or more of them (at least in Asai's opinion) would be satisfied with something to keep the bleeding from restarting/bones from rebreaking and maybe take the edge off the pain just a little bit.

(*It's technically not a magical mishap, I think, but the reflexes are still there and operate faster than her brain going "Was that magic or mundane?")
(**Attempts by the bravehard or stupid meet a steadily increasing air resistance until the air basically is solid right about at the point where proximity becomes painful and courts sunburn. This includes vertically as well.)
(***The vehicle is fried by this point, literally and figuratively, so Asai figures she might as well let people enjoy the drama and spectacle... without the risk of more than a few scorched fingers.)
(****I am arbitrarily declaring a very mild unspecified noodle incident, probably something involving Asai trying to advise the dwarves on something and getting shooed off or dismissed because she was 1) not a dwarf and 2) an oversized housecat-thing.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The dwarf would like to be awake. He actually wants to see the show.

The infirmary mostly has lightly bruised and scraped people from the shield wall. The orcs took more of a beating, but fewer of them are there.

Since this is a bit behind, I wasn't planning on introducing anyone in terms of a medic, but there are a number of witch doctors and well trained surgeons. They're not thrilled to be doing patchwork medicine, but are, in general, glad to be helping out the court.

So, looks like it's about time for the major incident.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

((It's the sort of thing Asai likely would have nudged others into organizing if nothing else so that she *wouldn't* end up being a healer by fiat because while she can heal awesomely well it's not her thing. She just happens to be here so might as well toss in her two cents with minor healing spells that basically cost her nothing.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Drat Foulrender*, the rhyming cleric of insanity (first seen here), has his mute bugbear companion carrying the rubble from the collision of the rock sled and wind-up car off the field. He is offering minor clerical healing to the gnome (from the rock-sled) and hobgoblin (from the clockwork car), who do not seem happy about the whole situation. I am guessing Asai / Morgana talked him into it with some kind of threat (or free admission).

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam moves a bit closer to better overhear the conversation; the clockwork car in particular was interesting, and he's not certain either how effective Drat's healing is, or how much healing the two need, or, for that matter, what the two are unhappy about (beyond the obvious of having wrecked their vehicles).
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The rhyming scheme for Drat is semi-painful. It's a religious observance, so how good the rhymes are is unimportant. The other part is that his curing, as it comes form a god of insanity, really really hurts. Oh, and the swears of pain during the healing are in rhyme as well. Plus, the goblin deity is well, major Evil, and dwarves and hobgoblins are mostly good.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

from off in the distance a small parcel looking something like an arrow shoots forward toward the sculpture...

(OOC: Cameron was a fisherman and sometime artillerist so missing shouldn't be an issue...)
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

There is a pouf of blue-white flame as the improvised missile falls into the dancing column fire. For a second there is no other reaction and then flares a venomous green and seems almost to writhe for the next several seconds. It fades back into its normal routine after that, though the column is not so high now and there is the occasional faint stuttering, almost like the equivalent of a mild limp or stumble of exhaustion; the beast (such as it is) seems to have been "wounded*".

Anyone who might be in range of where Asai is* might overhear her mutter something faintly under her breath a few seconds before the brush hits the fire, somehow managing to sound annoyed and amused all at once.

(*In retrospect, I don't think Asai would have had the forethought to program her dancing bonfire image thingy to react to poisoned anythings being thrown into them but since improbability had been brought up and run with... I'll go with "She had a basic ifthen bit of logic for anything noxious in general being thrown in, to flare the temperature long enough to definitively incinerate it, and the change in the animation was her added touch in real time." Or something like that.)
(**Probably still relatively near the infirmary area, though by now she's probably begun making her way elsewhere.)