07.08h Guided by Goblins

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

07.08h Guided by Goblins

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Continued from here.

Jiga watches Aibne and the others hustle into an alcove with a look that blends curiosity and confusion on her face. After a moment though, she turns her attention back to the goblin. "A tour sounds lovely, thank you. I was able to navigate the castle alright and find my way back here but I fear I'd get hopelessly lost in the tunnels or the city on my own. So...Lieutenant Rogers...after you! Rogbar really talked up this Company of yours last night. I'm anxious to meet them.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.08h Guided by Goblins

Post by Joshua »

"It's amazing." Rogers will admit. "We're one of the few organizations that bridges the seelie and unseelie sides. I mean, most of the elves and such are in Tir-na, but we get dwarves, brownies, gnomes... all of which have a different disposition than the orcs and drow*. Even among just the goblins, we have the warlike ones, the crafters, the assassins... All calling themselves goblins." He shrugs, "We simply care about results and loyalty. Rogbar is a bit strange, but he knows discipline and morale, and he keeps us on the right path. Except when he's trying to date, but that's not war."

He shrugs. "Anyhow, we don't have too many natural wonders, but there's some spectacular caves, an underground library, the two workshops, the garden... Morgana really likes the garden. As wel as the orc camp, the place they're setting up the sports fields.... Anything you'd like to start with**?"
_________
*: I mean Dark Elves. Drow would violate copyright. "And this is not a lightsaber, it's a psionic force-lance."
**: Or want to make sure we do 'on screen'?
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

"I suppose we can start with the garden and end up at the sports field."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Rogers will nod. The short goblin (he's only about 3' 2", which might include the helmet) will lead Jiga outside. I think the garden is set along the cliffside, and I believe it's visible from the front entrance. It is partially walled in...

The garden itself consists of mainly raised beds that contain numerous food plants. Tomatoes, beans, even the occasional bit of corn, all seem to team with life, untouched by the winter's frost. Amid these include other vegetables, and some flowers. In the center is a fruit tree grove, with apples, oranges, and other trees.

Instead of Morgana today though, there are a number of helpers... not all of which look happy to be there. That being said, the worst is likely one of the larger goblins (bugbear for those in D&D), who seems to be there for the sole purpose of lifting the short goblin (Another piranha-mouthed pathfinder style) shaman up and over the raised beds so the shaman can tend to them.
On the happy side, there are two centaurs who are enjoying the fruit-glade. And an orc shaman who is harvesting some of the herbs.

Finally, just about everyone here is clearly working on the strong enchantments that permeate the garden. giving an autumn feel, even as there's a few inches of snow everywhere else.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga looks around, taking note of the workers. "This seems a lot like what we've been trying to do in Akra; the racial cooperation I mean. All races were welcome as long as they followed the rules but it was still a bit divided and human-centric." Noting the displeasure of the bugbear she offers, "Rasanam could likely help with some improvements to make everything easier and more efficient. It's all quite impressive though. The contrast of seasons is quite beautiful." Jiga will wave in the direction of anyone that happens to look her way. "I just hope there's some grapes in there."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The bugbear raises an eyebrow at Jiga, but remains silent. The shaman with him will offer, "Sorry, he is a divine mute. No words, not a toot. His duty is a call, taken up last fall. Still, perhaps I can say, I do like herbs grown this way." He will shrug. "I know the others toil, with protest on the soil. Morgana's respect keeps them in line, those many still whine, at having to deal with us, although it was ordered thus."

Rogers rolls his eyes. "Yes, yes. As he says, Morgana keeps everyone in line. It's still very fractured." He gives a basic breakdown of the two major factions, the dwarves and orcs. With the goblins, drow, and minotaur on the orc side; the hobgoblins and the gnomes on the dwarf side; and the centaur and werewolves seem split by person.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga smiles pleasantly as the shaman gives his explanation and then with a thoughtful expression as Rogers continues. "That's unfortunate. It seems like this place offers a common ground for all. Anyone that makes it here I'd think would in some way be a-typical of their race so holding to racial grudges serves little purpose. I'm certainly much different now from most of my brethren and would hate to come to this magical place and still be judged by the common perception of Tengu." She pauses, catching herself speaking like Lyra and sighs. "But I'm no expert, im just a feathered rogue." She turns to the Shaman and asks "I love your speech. If I may ask, is the rhyming a choice or is it habit or tradition? It's quite impressive. I'm sure you'd be quite good at composing."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Roger's winces as the question escapes Jiga's mouth, frantically failing to stop her from asking.

I cannot do proper justice to the explanation that the shaman gives. He speaks (in rhyme, of course) of Lamashtu, the one-mother of all beasts and monsters, who was betrayed by the demon-prince Asmodeus (A.K.A. "Andy") by stealing her children. She stole some of them back and from these sprang forth the perfection of goblinkind. He states that the rhyming is a tithe of madness and worship to the mother-of-chaos, as is the oath of silence from his companion.

He will continue to babel on about his religion until forcibly restrained by his bugbear companion... (Which may take a few minutes, and is definitely at least a minute after Jiga starts to look uncomfortable.)
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

As this is really the first dissertation about religion Jiga's heard other than the teachings of Eilistraee and it's so different from the way the Gods of Acra work, she's content to listen for quite a while and finds the sing song speech cute for the most part. As a result, she allows him to babel for a bit longer than anyone there would have liked before he's silenced. "I know little of the religions of the world I come from but that quite different from how the Gods and Goddesses work there. My thanks for your explanation" she says with a polite nod of her head. She looks around the grove, hoping that the exchange hasn't put off too many of the other workers.

Assuming the centaurs are still present, she'll excuse herself and make a gesture for Rogers to follow her over to the fruit glade. Besides, maybe there's some grapes to be pilfered! Her expression brightens as she contemplates stealing the fruit before catching herself and resigning to simply ask for some.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Lamashtu is a CE goblin deity who does exist where Jiga is from, albeit with some changes.)

The centaurs are a bit friendlier. They take time from fine-tuning and maintaining the enchantments on the grove to talk pleasantly. If you ask for grapes, they can provide some, although, there's only a small grapevine... Not enough to produce both fruit and wine, for example. The fruit isn't in high demand in Ht'Gon, and they can't produce enough of it to compete with Tir-na Nog'th.