07.06N Confessions

The goings on of courts
Draylen
Lunatic

07.06N Confessions

Post by Draylen »

Aibne storms off from the group in the corner, but the invisibility spell wasn't a very long term thing. It wears off after a few moments, and then he reappears, leaving for one of the underwater balconies. The priest notices and makes his excuses, coming after the bear, who stares out at the deep ocean.
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06N Confessions

Post by Joshua »

Father-Confessor Lane approaches Aibne slowly. "Forgive me, but it seems you are troubled. The Church of the Four Castles teaches taht those who are lost should be comforted, by either a receptive ear or advice. Can I listen to your troubles, if it will help?"
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"I don't want to talk about it," the bear says gruffly, not turning to the priest. "I, just..." He shakes his head a little, shoulders slumping slightly, as he reaches out and lightly touches the edge of the air bubble. "Sorry Sir... I'm not mad..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Father-Confessor* Lane puts a hand on Aibne's shoulder. "It's okay. One rarely wants to talk of what is troubling. But, that's okay. Sometimes it is enough to have that as an option." He is silent for a bit, offering simply, "I'm here."

Post by Draylen »

"Yes, I know." Aibne continues to stare pensively out at the water, leaning over the railing slightly. "It's something I"ve used. People love to tell their stories. All you have to do is give them an audience." He shakes his head a little, sighing softly.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Perhaps someone else's story is easier for you?" Father-Confessor Lane will offer. "Where I am from there is a legend of a young squire. He was loyal to his brother-knight, and a good squire, but the realm had chosen him to be a great ruler. I suppose it's hard to start a story with the reveal, but that's why it could be important to you. See the realm had a sword in a stone that could only be drawn by someone it considered to be the true king."

He will continue with a short rendition of the Sword in the Stone. the knight's sword was broken in a tournament, and Arthur drew the sword as a replacement, not for himself, but to serve his knight better.

"In my version, once Arthur became king, his brother was resigned to only being a minor knight, and they did not do much together. However, the story does not have to end that way. If Kay had been a great knight, he could have been Arthur's right hand. I guess, the point is that when one is put in a position of power, it's not about who serves you. It's about how you serve your realm." He will pause a little, then add as almost an afterthought. "A former Master can be part of that realm."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne shakes his head, grunting slightly. "Wrong story, Father," he says, but doesn't elaborate. "And anyway, it's besides the point. Arthur was always going to be the king, Merlin made it so. Only the son of Uther Pendragon could have pulled the stone. Arthur was always the main character. He was always going to have a story." He clenches down on the railing, turning to look at Lane for the first time, before turning away again. "I'm not."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"It's not Arthur's story where I am from. But the story of the kingdom. What if it's Ht'Gon's story? And Ht'Gon has chosen you?" Lane will offer.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne shakes his head, grumbling. "The people who have stories are the people who shape the stories of countries," he says, turning to look at Lane again. "The stories that we tell ourselves are the stories that we live by, and the stories we live by are the ones that shape the world. Just like your religion, Father. Just like every religion."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: edited and added a bit.)

"How do you know that Ht'Gon has chosen poorly? I believe you will live up to what is expected of you. There is a lot of good in loyalty." Father-Confessor Lane says. "You were loyal to one part of Ht'Gon, now you must be loyal to a larger part."