07.06k: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 3: Clockwork Boogalee)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.06k: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 3: Clockwork Boogalee)

Post by Joshua »

(Continues from Animal Companions. Ignore the movie reference* in the title, it probably means nothing.)

Osmund leads Cameron onto the dance floor. The instruction of the waltz and basic dances are quick, because of Amber-ranked stats. The hooded figure dancing with the orc is probably one of the more unique couples on the floor.

Osmund asks, "I've been to a lot of these. My own world changed form clockwork to high-fantasy in the blink of an eye, so I understand the oddity in relearning all that you know. But, social nuances are always the same. I mean, this is a basic nine-step. In my world you go counter-clockwise for this part, but that's the only difference." Thankfully the veil he is wearing under the hood conceals his fairly obvious nervousness at being so close to someone who is 'real'. "No need for uh... 'courage' to boost your understanding."

Re: 07.06k: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 3: Clockwork Boogal

Post by khadjair »

Cameron will start with a good flow with his motions, then things will start to hitch a little, getting awkward as he starts trying to understand variations. He settles in, though, and it's clear he's modelling things a little more.. clockwork-like, perhaps, given his moves are precise and discrete, less of the sailor's flowing gait and more the mechanicians.

"Sorry if I'm.. confusing to deal with. You're much more familiar with all this.. Back home, I was.. well, I guess you could say I was from a peasant family. Lots of strange things happened, coincidences that don't make a lot of sense, especially given the Withering (OOC: Basically, the Irish Potato Famine). This sort of thing, dances and courtly maneuvers and all, was something that was denied to us, as an occupied nation. It's still.. awkward to me. I'm more comfortable out with the stars over my head, a hammer in my hand or a skiff under my feet."

He chuckles just a bit. "I can see why some people like this though. It's a pattern you can get yourself lost in."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"You've never had to deal with assassins draped in such intrigue. Knife-play designed to look like part of the dance; poison and worse."

He oinks lightly and slowly lets Cameron lead. "I really... should let you get someone you're more interested in. I'm sure these people are safe."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

About this time, Cameron will hear Harrune yelling "Cameron! It's now!" Looking he will see Harrune rushing across the room.
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron looks up, startled, as Harrune cries out to him. Reflexively, his hand moves to the Star on his hip as his gaze flits about the room.

"What? What's -now-?" he asks, obviously confused, taking a seeming moment to recover from the dancing lessons he's been receiving. He still holds one of Osmund's hands in his left, having not had the presence of mind to release it in his surprise.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund reaches for something under his shirt, but decides against it. "Uh, there's something with the pattern, and you can show me?"
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

Cameron nods. "That would make sense; I hope you're right. I suspect that despite your words to the contrary, whatever it is I'll be glad to have you around. Let's go."

(And continued over here