07.06i: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 2)

The goings on of courts
Rasanam
Lunatic

07.06i: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 2)

Post by Rasanam »

((Continued from here. Context is "a very shapely blue-skinned lady with pointed elven ears wearing a rather transparent and simple dress", who apparently wished to meet Rasanam... or possibly Ossian, Nemo wasn't sure. But Rasanam invited her to dance with him anyway.))
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.06i: Underwater Ball (Dance Floor 2)

Post by Joshua »

The lady is a decent dancer, she is quiet and reserved as she goes around the room with Rasanam. She whispers that her name is Rida, but for the most part she doesn't speak up. Unless Rasanam has more to ask.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam will wait a bit to see if Rida volunteers anything more - and when she doesn't, he asks the obvious questions. "So... Nemo mentioned you were looking for an introduction to either me or Ossian - which one was it, and what can we do for you?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

She sighs and speaks, revealing three+ razor-sharp rows of shark teeth. "I heard Ossian was still available, and I had hoped to speak to someone about the proper courting methods that Tir-Na Nog'th might have."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

"Hm... There aren't really any court-wide customs. Ossian, though..." Rasanam thinks about that for a bit, closing his eyes and trusting Rida to make sure the two of them don't run into anyone.

"I'm not sure now is necessarily the best time to approach him - but on the other hand, I don't think anyone, him included, would complain if you managed to even distract him for a while. So I'll give you what advice I can."

"To start with, Ossian is very... civilized, though I wouldn't say it's a very nice civilized. He'd probably tell you that's what separates us from animals; regardless, it's important to him. So be polite, even if - or perhaps especially if - you're stabbing him in the back. And he values power and ability - not explicitly magical or physical or social, but anything that lets one enforce one's will on the world; the more of those areas you can keep up with him in, the better your chances."

"For example," Rasanam will give Rida a second-hand description of the subtle mock-combat that occurred during the dinner the previous evening, though he leaves out Alys' name. "I wouldn't suggest trying exactly that, of course, but it should give you some example of the sort of civilized Ossian is."

Rasanam will continue the conversation for a bit, asking Rida about what she expects in the way of courting methods, where her abilities lie, etc., and giving advice tailored to her abilities. Then he looks around, "Now, for a good introduction..." Then he frowns, and comments, "...That's interesting...", and takes the lead in the dance for a moment, moving the two of them near enough to overhear Krajk talking to Corystes.

Once it's clear that Krajk actually was attacked, Rasanam adds, "One more detail: Krajk is currently here at Ossian's invitation. There's your introduction; I think you can figure out where to go with it."

And then Rasanam maneuvers to swap partners with Ossian, handing Rida off to the elder fae, and continuing himself with whoever Ossian had been dancing with.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

((Moved back to Dance Floor 1))
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana and Grind are still dancing. Grind has managed to pick up a basic waltz and is at least not embarrassing himself further.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys spends some time dancing with the locals, most recently a slim lizard-person of indeterminate gender*, until a mid-dance partner swap brings her face to face with a uniformed Cani.

Alys smiles, "Cheknou, I believe? A pleasure to meet you. I am Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris; you may call me Alys, if you wish."

_____
* Female, actually, if you've got a good enough nose to notice, but of a decidedly non-mammalian sort that makes it hard to tell by sight alone.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Cheknou smiles. "The pleasure is mine Lady. You seem to have me at a disadvantage though. It is not often that I am recognized by strangers. I am not the celebrity of the family. Are you enjoying the evening?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys blinks. "Is there some other Cani I should expect to see, in uniform, at a formal event? And yes, the ball so far has been quite interesting; I hope you have been enjoying yourself as well.*"

"I also hope," Alys adds, "That you won't mind me taking a moment to discuss some more practical matters; in particular, there's a small project I've undertaken that could use your assistance..."

_____
* As I recall, Cani tend to be good at interpreting subtle social cues, so this probably comes off as "No, not at all, but I'm far too polite to admit that."