07.06g: Underwater Ball (to Restore the Spirit)

The goings on of courts
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

07.06g: Underwater Ball (to Restore the Spirit)

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Jiga lets Rogbar lead her away from the Refreshment Table at a relaxed pace through the main doors and out into the larger cave beyond. As this is only her 2nd time seeing the area, Jiga does her best to avoid looking like a gawking tourist while still trying to take it all in. Some of the tension immediately leaves her as the crowd of people thins once they exit the ballroom.

Despite Rogbar's change in demeanor, Jiga still feels a bit of tension between them so forces herself to open up a bit and continue their conversation. "I didn't mean to impart judgement back there with my comments about your exploits in the art of courtship. It's just...I've been looking out for myself and noone else for so long my ingrained reaction was to call it folly. That was wrong of me to say and I'm sorry. It took me a long time just to become comfortable with the idea of calling anyone a friend."

Catching the cat's eye, she smiles. "But that's something I've been trying to remedy. So as much as I'm interested in wherever it is you're taking me to, It'd be nice to get to know someone else here other than my friends from home."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Re: 07.06g: Underwater Ball (to Restore the Spirit)

Post by Rasanam »

Fjolnir flaps along behind the two, occasionally darting in to various nooks and crannies to see what's there.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Oh, mi'lady, I am perhaps not the best friend to have. I am, after all, a mercenary." Rogbar will explain as they walk through the air-breather areas, descending to the base of the cavern through several large pillar-buildings. "Perhaps, I can hook you up with my ex. Or, Aibne... He knows how to listen. Me? I just know how to fight. And turn horrible embarrassment into minor gain. I mean, do you have any idea what those crabs were worth? They fed the company for a week."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga chuckles at Rogbar's words, both for their humor and the hidden irony. "Good sir, I think this fancy party may have colored your opinion of me! Before this morning, I spent my days training in stealth and intrusion and ate meals in the company of gnolls, never the most civilized dinner guests even after a few months tutelage in manners. I'm far from a lady so there's no need to sugarcoat anything for my sensibilities. In fact, this is the most relaxed I've felt since arriving here so it seems your suggestion is yielding results already. I came because Lyra's my dearest friend and it sounded like she could use my help here, but I'll leave the bargaining and persuasion to her."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Oh... if it excitement you seek, then after this ball you should come with me to meet the company. It is a good thing I have already decided to just be friends, because I don't date within the company." Rogbar picks up his steps a little. still going down layer and layer of stairs (it's about 20 - 30 stories down). The stairs themselves are magnificent cut either directly from the rock of the column that had formed in the cave or overlaid with beautifully sculpted coral that more resembles marble, in places where the natural stone needed to be bumped out.

"Still, you spoke of relationships and love with a longing. Perhaps that is what you were looking for. I have known many thieves in my time. The successful ones... there's always something more they are looking for. Otherwise they would retire after their first job." He has started to skip steps, teasing Jiga into more of a run down the stairs. "What are you looking for?"
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga keeps pace, a previously unexplored feeling of competition causing her to speed her steps. She extends her wings a bit as they descend, the slight lift making her steps lighter. "I suppose I'm not sure what I'm after exactly. Until coming to stay with Lyra in Akra, mere survival was really all I sought. With your only skills being thievery and your race considered monstrous and to be feared, hated, or worse, personal safety was all I had time to consider. And I never made friends since I knew I might have to betray or abandon them at any point if a job went south in order to survive." Her words trail off and her pace slows. "But that's not me anymore. Living at the temple in comfort and safety was a big change but a good one. I think that's part of what I'm after; friends and family. Beyond that, I'm still trying to work it out."

"I'd not be adverse to some excitement later though and I'd certainly like to meet the rest of this company of yours. Though I'd point out that my simply meeting them doesn't make me part of them so your rule wouldn't apply." Again her words trail off but she picks up the pace again with a smile.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Of course. I would not presume." Rogbar says leaping the entire last bit of stairs at one. Unfortunately there was a central pillar the stars had circled, or he might have jumped down from higher. "It is this way..."

After another few minutes of walking through winding areas, you will come to upon a sudden blast of warmth, and then two large coral doors that open into a set of hot-spring baths in a large cavern. They are mostly deserted, with the ball going on above.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga looks quite intrigued, having never seen anything of the like before. "Is this a bath house? I've been to one before but not like this." She slowly wanders over to one of the pools while taking in the cavern. "This land might hold even more wonders than Akra."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Oh, Mi'lady, a bathhouse is a poor reflection of the original." Rogbar will state... "Here..." He will select one, then pause. "Oh... ah, do you need a bathing suit? Or, I could call one of the female attendants over..." He will take a moment and make some adjustments on a set of seashell controls for the spring. "I do enjoy the living sponge washes, but I haven't used that since the Great Shave of 05. I think they have something for beaks. Normally for octopi, but it should still work."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Jiga steps over to the bath Rogbar selected. "The original, eh? Well, this certainly should be quite an experience." She begins undoing the clasps on her dress. "I don't think I need a suit...unless that's required. I haven't been concerned about propriety in a long time. But if you think an attendant would be appropriate, by all means. I'm sure there's all sorts of fancy items here I'm not familiar with."

Jiga will proceed to undress and enter the bath unless given a reason to wait.