07.03: Shadow of the Mountain

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.03: Shadow of the Mountain

Post by Joshua »

Morgana mostly ignores the compliment, just a hint of blush coming through. "That reminds me... As you may have noticed, most of us seem to be the elite of our kind. In the surrounding forest there are a number of mythical beasts, and these seem to be the primal archetypes as well. So, a Gryphon native to Amber is a bit more dangerous than one you have met elsewhere. Probably a similar side effect of that realness that Dworkin talks about."
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

Aibne nods, thinking about it. "In a four mile radius, there's only a couple of dens that I can think of. A hydra, a crag of trolls, a den of dire wolves..." he says, rubbing his chin. "I've heard stories about a couple of giant tortoises, but nothing from my Master's organization. Oh, and watch out for the hobgoblins. They and the redcaps have a giant feud right now, but the redcaps got forced into the under city for now."
khadjair
Lunatic

Post by khadjair »

"So, uh.. this might seem an odd question, but... who has been running this place if we're all.. fairly new?" Cameroins eems more bemused than concerned.
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

"Mostly it's been Morek at the helm," he says, nodding. "Morgana has taken care of the diplomatic side, but Morek has been making the city run. He's actually funded..." he pauses a little and thinks. "I think almost sixty percent of the growth, just himself, and and bought up close to eighty percent of the businesses? They have free reign and all, but Morek makes most of the profits and provides most of the costs."
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

A glowing circle of light appears on the ground nearby and rainbow colored sparkles begin to drift up from it. They grow more numerous by the moment until the forms of Lyra and Rasanam can be seen within their radiance. A moment later, the sparkles dissipate and Lyra politely greets those assembled. She addresses Morgana in particular with an apology. "Sorry for not arriving sooner. Morgana, I hope you don't mind I brought my husband along."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys withdraws her hand from having pulled Lyra into the room, and then carefully puts Lyra's trump card away.

"I think that's everyone, then?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will nod. "I believe so. Rasanam... if I could simply ask that you not interfere with Ht'Gon politics. They can be a little, unseemly at times, and if this turns unseemly, it will be made worse if you interfere." She adds, "I can vouch for your safety, at least. Your wife, unfortunately, may need to provide her own."

"Shall we then?"

(OOC: Morgana has probably said that before, and you probably explained yourself before, but, eih, it was offscreen. I'll be posting a grand entrance in a moment, but it's a bit longer than I can do right now. I'll get to it tonight. If you want to add something beforehand, now is the time."
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Rasanam nods. "I understand; this is not my court."
Then he grins at Lyra, and adds, "No matter how much of my time I might spend here."

((Those who are paying close attention may note that Rasanam did not say he would not interfere - merely that he understood the consequences. The key point is the lack of guarantee of Lyra's safety; he will absolutely interfere if he thinks she's about to get killed. Anything short of that, though, and he'll stay out of it; mere injuries can be healed.))
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

Lyra smiles back at her husband, catching the phrasing of his response. "I'm ready for a fight, be it physically, politically, or spiritually should it come to that. The best things, things that are right and just, are worth fighting for. So by all means, let us proceed."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana leads you to the throne room, where a large gathering of orcs, goblins and dwarves is there... Specifically, a clear split of dwarves on one side, and orcs and goblins on the other. Also in attendance, a decent smattering of gnomes mix in with the dwarves as well as a number of hobgoblins (The helpful trickster kind, examples here, here, and here). With the the orcs and goblins, there’s a smattering of ogres, Dresden style goblins (or bugbears if you prefer to call them that) and at least one werewolf. The previously mentioned redcaps are near the back.

There are a few unique attendees, including a troll and centaur near the back of the orcs, and a pair of dark elves talking to a minotaur (who seems new) between the two groups. They get silent as Morgana and the Amberites enter.

There are a lot of snarls and growls, although the orcs part. Morgana leads everyone up to the front of the room where there's a raised balcony and addresses the court. "Greetings. Tonight I have the privilege of presenting three new members of the court of Ht'Gon. Some you have already met. I hope you treat them well."

"Allow me to present: Aibne Grant, who has survived walking the pattern and elevated himself to our ranks. Lydre-Altherin Lyra, who has been around recently and ties our court to Tir'Na Nog'th through her marriage to Rasanam. And finally, the Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris and her .. uh... companion, Tinder." She will nod to Cameron. "I'd also like to announce the return of Cameron McAllister, who walked the pattern last year."

She will pause in case anyone wishes to announce something before she declares positions.