07.01j: The Seventh Winter (Dinner with Dragons)

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.01j: The Seventh Winter (Dinner with Dragons)

Post by Wyvern »

Alystrakos is initially amused by Galadrian's comment. Then, as he gets more nervous, she gets a thoughtful look. "I wouldn't suggest repeating that to his face... but treason? That might be a bit much."

To Asai, she replies, "Well, I certainly won't argue with that logic." And then Alys busies herself with making sure her soup is entirely devoured before the next course has a chance to arrive.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The third course arrives with an extra trifecta of meat dishes. Shortly after, a frost covered Rogbar enters through the main doors and limps his ice and frost covered kitty-self over to the table.

He weakly* offers a rose made of pure ice to Alys. "Mi'lady, please accept this rare rose of living ice. Know it is beautiful and sharp like your wit; while helpless and fragile in your hand, like my heart."

Almost in response, he writhes in agony as a red snake-like thing claws and scratches his way up the leg Rogbar was limping with. It uses its thorns like legs to wind painfully across his chest, along his arm (leaving bloody scratches through his shirt) before pouncing the ice rose and crushing it like a constrictor. The flame red flower then hisses at Rogbar who drops it.

*: Rogbar is clearly playing up his injuries, although he's just as clearly injured.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys plucks the second flower* out of the air before it can hit the ground, and looks it over. "Looks like a better rose found you. I guess that works."

_____
* For certain definitions of "flower" that include rather more animation than is typically associated with the term. Or perhaps it's a very well disguised lizard? Further investigation may be warranted.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Imagine a cat that has just spotted a bird just tantalizingly out of reach. Now give that feline the sheer force of personality of an Amberite who specialized in arts depending on the force of will.

This is Asai, as the "rose" is caught by Alys. The signs are actually fairly well hidden, lesser beings would be under the impression that she simply found its existence quite curious, but for those who know what to look for the signs of a focused predator are quite there.*

Her tail twitching rhythmically, she comments, "You know, I have an isolated greenhouse in my quarters..."

(* I figure high-ish Psyche or Warfare both would work. *shrug*?)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"A reasonable place for it, once the meal is over. In the short term, though... do you perhaps have a spell that would let Rogbar stop bleeding all over the floor?"

The 'rose', meanwhile, is attempting to gouge holes in Alys' hand and wrist. Alys ignores the thorns - apparently they don't actually hurt her - and carefully knots the rose into her hair. It keeps struggling, but Alys is apparently better at tying knots than the rose is at escaping them.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

"Hm, I supposed having a guest dripping blood all over the floor does rather mar the atmosphere, and all those clothes make it rather hard to groom his own injuries..." Asai rises up in her chair and leans forward to poke Rogbar with a single glowing fingertip. As she settles back down, Robgar's wounds rapidly stop bleeding and his fur even looks a little less wilted. She then fixes the other cat with a sharp gaze. "And what of Darnell, is he in similar condition or fares he better than you?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"He's fine..." Rogbar say, getting to his feet... Pride injured... although he does look like hell. "I hope..." He will stumble before settling down at the table, his clothes healing the tears slowly. "I hope that you will at least appreciate what I went through for that." he sighs, before forcing a smile on his face. "Please forgive this, but I hope our lovemaking will be... slightly less painful."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon... Did offer first aid when Rogbar collapsed bleeding and was thankful for the healing spell. After Rogbar sits back down, Oberon almost makes some jolly quip, but decides against it.* Instead he offers the cat a firm hand on the shoulder and a solid pat on the back.

*: It is clear at this time that Rogbar is actually hurt (but he will heal) and is downplaying his injuries.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys considers Rogbar for a moment... and then turns back to Oberon. The rose attempts to eat her ear, and hisses in annoyance when it can't quite reach.

"You'd suggested you might introduce me to Wyllt* tomorrow. But I think a tour of some of the city guard precincts might be more useful? It sounds like Asai has mage guild matters reasonably dealt with, and it shouldn't take too many powerful mages arrising from the lower classes for people to realize that treating their workers well is simple self-defense..."

_____
* Master Wyllt is the head of the city's mage guild.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon will nod. "Actually, that shouldn't wait. We will be meeting with the trio tonight. I will let Rolf know. and he'll arrange the tour for tomorrow." He will turn to Rogbar, "I'm sorry, but this is a matter of security, I will have to commander your date. How about, I talk to Lady Ashara about your exile, so you can attend the ball tomorrow?"

Rogbar will nod. "Only if it is okay with Lady Alystrakos." He will say, and check with her...