07.01a: The Seventh Winter (Lounge of the Giant)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.01a: The Seventh Winter (Lounge of the Giant)

Post by Joshua »

Main thread

Morgana is double-checking the ice enchantments on the tables, most having both an ice sculpture at a centerpiece and ice in the glasses. The humans are attempting to give the large ogre about 10 to 20 feet of space at all times, only partially successfully.

As Raven and Alys walk over, she will wave hello, finishing up reenforcing the Empowerment of the ice.

"Hello, Raven is it? I've heard a little about you." She will nod in slow greeting. "Nice to meet you. I am Morgana, of Ht'gon An-rit."
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.01a: The Seventh Winter (Lounge of the Giant)

Post by The Raven »

"It is nice to meet you as well, Morgana." The Raven also nods. "I find this place interesting, but far too... cold. Is it warmer in Ht'gon An-rit?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys hangs back a bit, having apparently found some particularly interesting side conversation to listen to.
(OOC: edited post, due to the original not having worked out the way I'd intended. She'll join the conversation at some point... or possibly get shanghaied into a different thread; Josh seems to be threatening the latter...)
Last edited by Wyvern on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowOfPreservation
Lunatic

Post by ShadowOfPreservation »

After being announced, Rasanam and Lyra make their way towards Morgana and company so, while not present at the moment, will likely be able to overhear the conversation as it begins.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana shakes her head. "It is winter. It will warm up soon enough. For now, if you wish, we do have the fires. I thought we sealed all the drafts here... Unless I missed one." She looks around. "Regardless, you are welcome to visit when you have time." Her voice is much softer than you might expect from a 7 foot tall ogre, but does have the deep bellow.

"It looks like another of my court is here." She will observe. Giving a wave to Lyra and Rasanam.
Rasanam
Lunatic

Post by Rasanam »

Fjolnir snarks "Doesn't look much like a raven to me."

Rasanam shrugs, causing Fjolnir to flutter a bit to keep his balance.
"I understand he's something of a shapeshifter."

This bit of conversation occurs at a distance where, were one inclined to be polite, one could choose to pretend not to have heard.
The Raven
Missing Some Marbles

Post by The Raven »

The Raven is not quite polite enough to ignore that remark entirely. However, this is a formal setting, so a mere glare of disapproval will have to suffice for now.

It should be noted that this glare includes glowing red eyes. Of course, that's probably not too uncommon in amber.

(I mean really, his hair is only one or two steps away from Raven feathers! Silly raven)
Draylen
Lunatic

Post by Draylen »

An odious man, nary three feet tall, came walking up, waving at the giantess. "Lady Morgana, a pleasure to see you outside of the courts of my uncle!" he squeaked, bowed, and smiled, his clothing clattering as gems and chains of various kinds clanked together. "Morek sent me to help foster additional trade agreements with the castle - and, of course, Dworkin's famous lords and ladies." he smiles up at the lot of you. "Ayum Aurun, a pleasure t meet you all."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Morgana will give an unmistakable "please save me" glance at Lyra. Clearly overwhelmed by being the center of attention... Although at least it's not an actual lynch mob.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

A three-foot long lemur-like creature, Asai, drops down off the rafters next to Alys, ears perked and noise twitching with curiosity. Her garb is much less ornate or for that matter much less there than most anyone else's here at the gala. Not too surprising, given her nature. A finely worked decorative harness, to match her usual blue-green-gold collar, and a light dusting of what looks to be powdered gold (it's not, if anyone bothers to ask or check) on her fur. She finds the notion of dressing animals up, herself included, rather ridiculous, but a bit of tasteful ornamentation is perfectly acceptable on occasion.

(Continued over in On the Other Side.)