Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.07i: Empty Faith

Post by colomon »

"Can you psychically shield me as well?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Basically... yes..." Osmund will note... "if you give me a minute to meditate."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Please do." While he is doing so, Renny digs up her trump deck and starts wondering who she should have Osmund contact if there's trouble.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Osmund starts meditating... behind him, appears a floating impression/image of a pattern that's been shattered and broken. From the marred areas, wispy tendrils extend... "Just say when..." He mentions...
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Tinder takes one look at what Osmund is doing, and bolts - hitting the interior side of the temple at speed and somehow burrowing into the intersection between wall and floor. There's no hole left behind, though, and - if you look around - you'll note that he turns up again a few moments later, perched nervously amongst the rafters at the far end of the church - mostly hiding behind a pillar, as if waiting for an explosion.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny sets aside Benabik's trump where it is easily reachable by the others. "When." She reaches for the phone.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The tendrils wrap slowly around you and the phone. they're not physical, more a psychic manifestation.

The phone (assuming someone showed you how to hold it) has no dial-tone, only a low level of static with indistinct hints of voices within. Among that a multitude of voices speak in unison, as if ten or twenty people on the other side of the phone are all talking into the headset, "I am displeased, but order is required. You turned down my invite earlier and Lane paid the price. Does Amber wish to offer something?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Lane was yours?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Lane was a citizen. Such honest devotion to the city is rare." The voice(s) ask, "Do you instead wish to offer demands? Some feel more comfortable that way."
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

"Demands?" Renny says. "I have no demands."