07.07i: Heart's Delight (Re)Visited

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.07i: Heart's Delight (Re)Visited

Post by Joshua »

With Sadie going completely defensive, it will take a few moments before he can break in. (For the record, he has low ranked psyche and is using a power that allows contact.) It does not seem to detract from him squeezing and starting to break bones. (Rather distracting for a bit.)

He ignores the deep claw gouges that Alys' dragon form is inflicting on him. It's fairly clear that Lane is dead and whatever is using his body is getting more panicked.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sadie will concentrate on trying to make the card "work" only experience she has with trump is teleporting, but if this is where he wants me to be, anywhere else is good. If it does something else that's potentially fine too, but for now, concentrate.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys shifts the focus of her attacks - if anyone were watching, they'd note that some deliberate swings aren't even connecting with Lane, while others slash along previous wounds, doing minimal additional damage. Still, whatever she's trying to do, it's very clearly on purpose...
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

The water is solid and hurts like being punched. Likely it disrupts Sadie's concentration but thankfully the psychic attack eases at the same time. Mostly, this is because whatever damage this is doing to Lane is hitting a critical point.

A second in the cold water and there's a loud pop, the size of a small explosion (perhaps half a grenade?), and red fills everywhere.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

After nearly half a minute, Alys bursts back out of the blood-soaked water, a badly injured dog cradled in her arms* as her wings beat furiously for altitude.

_____
*Yes, one of those was broken. Apparently it's not anymore.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There is a large group of militia waiting for you. They have guns and swords. (I think they have guns. How can you have dirigibles without guns?)

Oh yeah, and that invasive psychic presence has returned.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys lands neatly at the top of the cliff, wings folding protectively around Sadie - and, at least for the moment, ignoring the militia. Instead, she closes her eyes and focuses on her mental defenses - not trying to completely block contact this time, but attempting set up the ability to shut it off quickly if she has to.
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

OOC: Guns yes. Though I once ran a long term Ambercon game (something like 20 sessions) set in a shadow were guns didn't work but dirigibles did -- that was like its founding principle.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

It's Morgana's trump. (The first one likely was as well, although what hit Sadie wasn't.) The first impression is concern, "Are you okay?" followed by, "I can pull you back or head out there, what do you need? And if I pull you here, make sure you're holding onto Sadie tight."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Bring us through, please, Alys replies - not bothering to match spoken words to the mental response. We're done here, and I'm not particularly interested in waiting around to see if that thing has a second puppet anywhere nearby.