Silver Insanity

Precious, Valuable Madness
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Ryan Thomas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 pm 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Ryan made a name for himself in high school, winning several awards in robotics competitions and making local news by building a mostly function powered exoskeleton in his backyard. His endeavors at home were supported by assistance from his father, Aaron, who works in the R&D department of an electric car company near HMTI. His mother, Mary, works as a branch manger of a bank and appears to tolerate Ryan's more ambitious projects as they've never interfered with his grades.

Two years ago, Ryan graduated near the top of his class and is now attending HMTI. His minor is mechanical engineering (which several electrical courses mixed in), but his major appears to be nuclear physics. He doesn't seem to have the same instinctual grasp of his new field of study, but is working diligently to achieve the same success.

Outside of academics, Ryan is a bit withdrawn. He is most in his element at engineering club meetings, where he appears to have convinced them to help make a Mark II exoskeleton, parts of which are currently taking up large sections of their club space. He's been seen around campus working on and experimenting with a small robot about a foot in height connected to a custom-made glove controller.

Mostly a model student, he appears to have gotten in trouble due to a complaint that he brought a pet raccoon to campus. Ryan fervently denies that the creature is his, but it appears to be a recurring source of friction between him and his roommate.

Ryan has an occasional interest in magic and brings a sketchbook to see any shows he can. He quickly loses interest once he's worked out the trick and sketched out a design for the needed mechanisms.

Last edited by Benabik on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ryan Thomas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:50 pm 
Lunatic

So... Were you at a local high school? And how long ago did you graduate if so? >->

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 am 
Sane. VERY Sane.

Ryan is a Junior based on his courses, but has only been at HTMI for two years. I don't have a clear idea of where he's from yet so.... Sure, local.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:27 pm 
Prismatic Pangolin

I feel obligated to point out that, if you're local, then who your parents are will have some impact - both on the game, and on potential connections to other characters. As such, you should probably post that info here.

[Edit: the requested information has been added to the initial post.]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:40 pm 
Lunatic

So I reread my post and realized I'd been adding apples to oranges in my math. Was thinking our characters would have graduated the same year because we both mentioned two years in our descriptions, but yours was time at HMTI and mine was years early out of school. Clarified my post with actual age, and it was pointed out to me that "time at college" didn't necessarily equal "time since high school" so Inali took a yearlong side-trip to Japan. So as a result she actually graduated *three* years ago, not the two I was misreading my own post as listing. The two of them still probably had a fair number of classes together, though, but they weren't in the same graduating class.