07.12h: Liquid Placement

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.12h: Liquid Placement

Post by Joshua »

"That... I apologize. This makes the second potential pattern-walker we have gotten on very short notice." Ashara will bow in response. "We have some generic quarters made up after the previous incident." She will gesture to a frog-lady*. "This is Legna, our Seneshal. She will be able to arrange any lodging you desire. If you wanted to get that started, it should be usable by the time we finish introductions."

Legna will bow again and rush up. "Not to presume, but..." She will draw out a small notepad and pencil. "Warrior-quarters, air and water dual-entrance... Do you wish purely air-breathing quarters or mixed?"

Post by Chtalo »

Ch'talo nods, bowing slightly in return. "I am honored by your hospitality. THank you, my Lady." Then he'll turn to address the seneschal.

"Mostly air, if that's possible, all air if not. It's hard to sleep in water for me, though it is good sometimes to soak and relax." He smiles just a bit. "And I will need to hunt; how far away is considered off-limits for fishing and the like? I wouldn't want to step on any toes."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Legna will make some notes. "Of course. For the fishing, you will want to attend the market."

Ashara will attempt to explain. "As an amberite, you would be able to decree whatever territory you wished. If you desire to be civil about it, you would need to talk to those already at work. I can assign an appropriate guide for that, if you wanted."
Chtalo
Needs a Guide

Post by Chtalo »

Ch'talo nods, serene save a twitch of his tail. "I am not even sure how long I will be welcome here, or how long my Hunt will allow me to stay, so a decree would be wasteful and cause more strife than necessary. The civil route would be best. And a guide most appreciated."

"And what manner of beasts may I expect to find out there? I have heard tales of many strange things in open waters, though I've not gotten to explore many in my time." There's the twitch again, with a hint of a smile.

"It has been far too long since I've had a Hunt end successfully."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ashara will look around. "Of course, I'll arrange for a gui-" She doesn't finish the word.

A five foot tall otter-style beastman*, wearing a top-hat, formal vest (without shirt) and loose fitting swim-trunk-style pants** will interrupt, grabbing Ch'talo's hand to shake***. "Hello! Edge Whitecaster! Fisherman extraordinaire and gentleman adventurer! I insist on showing you around the market and the fishing routes!"

Ashara will wince, but will allow Ch'talo to accept or decline.
Chtalo
Needs a Guide

Post by Chtalo »

Ch'talo takes a look at the offered hand, then back up to the other's face, his own expression kept intentionally inscrutable.

"At the very least, I expect distant kin would know much about fishing and docks.* Very well, you seem to have volunteered, and I have no reason as of yet to decline such a generous request." He looks the otter over from head to toe.

"Though I must ask, how in all of Creation can you swim wearing... that..." his eyes are drawn to the tophat, though the moment he is sure his face is out of Edge's view he will give the faintest hint of a half-smile to whatever of the court can see it, as long as it includes Ashara.

---
* The way he says this seems to imply that there's some sort of salacious observation involved, likely in the "inexpensive provider of contracted erotic services" vein. Or perhaps it means something else entirely. He is being purposefully restrained.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Edge will blink. "What?!* One doesn't wear such finery in the water! That would be unseemly! One swims naked!" He will pause, and look around at all the nobles wearing water-appropriate clothing, "Not that there's anything wrong with wearing clothes in the water. It's just not my lifestyle-choice. I will retire to the exit over there! or the buffet**..." He will wave and walk off unless you stop him.

Ashara will sigh, "He would be a valid guide. I could actually get someone official to assist you, if you'd prefer." She will look at the Raven, "You, also, would be welcome. As a dignitary from the above city."
Chtalo
Needs a Guide

Post by Chtalo »

Ch'talo can't help but smirk and shake his head a little bit. "Something that fine you must carry with you, somehow... or store a copy everywhere you would require it. That strikes me as expensive..."

He watches the otter wander off, then turns back to Ashara. "I believe he will do well enough, my Lady. Though I might need to confer with someone more official when this tour is done. Just to make sure everything is done just so."

"So.. do you think I should pursue him, or just wait for his inevitable return to fetch me?" He crosses his arms as he talks, but that grin keeps getting wider.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I am not sure." Ashara will take a slow breath. "I am glad you did not wish to make a decree. As I mentioned, I am the Regent. Given station and power through the support of the other Amberites. Due to the nature of laws here, you would otherwise outrank me, and indeed, outside the city you do have more power than I do." She will give a basic crash course in the legal system from the inside, although, as someone who has not actually walked the pattern, you would have to do that first. Although, she expects someone to declare proper authority for your group as there are... at least two of you now. Perhaps three if Alys counts.
Chtalo
Needs a Guide

Post by Chtalo »

"So by my understanding my status here is in something of a flux until I pass a certain test. Dworkin seemed to acknowledge my talent as sufficient or related, though for now that is only my word that such is truth." He pauses and steps in a little closer, voice lowering.

"Frankly, I am perfectly happy to *not* be nobility. I've probably spent too much time as god-chief to be very good at it, or at least to be very fair. And a Hunt might call me away for a longtime, perhaps forever. So it may be best to consider me the way you would visiting nobility with some.. extras. I don't think it would be good to try acting like a true Amberite quite yet." He looks up, quirking an ear.

"Now to wait for my guide to realize I'm not at his heels. I expect it might be another quarter hour or so..."