001b: Thirdgate Cemetery Gate

On/Under the streets of Yuggoth
Joshua
Gibbering

001b: Thirdgate Cemetery Gate

Post by Joshua »

The Thirdgate Cemetery is one of the oldest in the area. A short jog* from the tea-house.

The entrance has remnants of police action. A number of them recently arrived and are starting to break up. Most of the activity seems directed toward the old section of the graveyard, where the 100+ year old graves are. Only a few police are still there, a thin cop you likely recognize as Constable Carney, helping a larger police officer breathe into a bag to calm his nerves**.

The others are heading out, along with a number of public works people. It might be possible to catch one or two if you hurry, but Carney isn't going anywhere for a few minutes.
bcarbone
Mostly Sane

Re: 001b: Thirdgate Cemetery Gate

Post by bcarbone »

Kim shows up, put on a cloak and hides his face in the hood.
"Well Mr Farthingsworth, shall we find the groundskeeper?"

Without waiting for an answer he starts forward walking to the entrance.
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

There is of course no reply, as even if the disembodied senses of Augustus* could reply, he is nonetheless rather distracted tasting lichen, feeling about inside rocks, and and peering under graves. There is a brief moment of pause while he takes a sip of tea back at the Feng-Huang, but otherwise maintains focus around his mental anchor of Kim Woo.

As Kim approaches the pair, Augustus will look them over from all sides, checking them for weapons and identifiers, before returning to flitting between curiosities while he observes Kim do whatever Kim does.

*: There are differences between ESP and Astral Projection, which will likely become shortly relevant. My initial comment and ensuing discussion can be found here.
Last edited by kitsunenotsume on Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

As the Public Works crew begins to move out, one will break from the group and approach Kim. Miles resembles a drowned rat right now...and a nervous one at that. One can't help but notice that he is glancing around a lot...especially upward.

"Mr. Woo, this is not a good place to be right now. There are dark things happening here tonight." Miles will then commence the obligatory data dump.

"They don't need me until dawn so I'm off to City Hall to look through some records. Never thought I'd look forward to a couple of hours in a stuffy clerk's office."

I'm not prying into your business, but like I said, not a good place to be right now. Roaming about in the middle of a night like this will raise questions, and there are police around to ask them. Whatever you do, keep an eye out above you."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

As there has been no response, the constables will wave to the group as they head out.
bcarbone
Mostly Sane

Post by bcarbone »

"I know a constable. We have a working relationship. I'll see if I can get some time with the groundskeeper. Good luck to Sir Farnsworth, be safe."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"When I left they hadn't found the groundskeeper. I hear that his place was a mess, but he wasn't there. Not sure what to make of that. A bit beyond my pay grade and all. Maybe you could help Hawkins out with that?"*

-------
*Miles is clear on edge and wants to clear out, but Kim probably knows him well enough to talk him into staying if he wants the backup.
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

Augustus continues to immaterially inspect the area, but his focus remains on the conversation between the two men. That is, when he isn't taking the opportunity to sip tea, or provide updates of the situation to the remote companions.*

*: I'm not sure if Talking counts as "Taking other actions" for the purpose of ESP. If it does, it would drop my dice to exactly 0 for the duration of the distraction, hence my precaution about keeping the talking snippets brief.
bcarbone
Mostly Sane

Post by bcarbone »

Kim will stow his mask in the inside pocket of his cloak and head to the groundskeepers cottage to talk to inspector Hawkins.