001: An Evening at the Feng-Huang's Feathers

On/Under the streets of Yuggoth
bcarbone
Mostly Sane

Re: 001: An Evening at the Feng-Huang's Feathers

Post by bcarbone »

"Very well Messir Farthibngsworth. It would do for me to be in my work clothing Lets meet up in 30 minutes outside the cemetary gate."

Kim shows up outside the cemetary gate wearing a simple metal mask, painted grey, over his face. For armor, a brown leather vest covers his chest and his outfit is completed by a loose fitting blue gi and a small sword on his back.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

The consensus seems to be that Kin should stay at the tea-house; as such, she splits her time between managing the establishment, and searching the serpent-person's corpse for anything of note.*

And then, when that's all done, she heads for bed.

* This might be another investigate check, or this might be an alienism (profiling) check. Depends on whether there are any specific clues to be found, or if the only real advantage to be gained is by understanding a bit more about the deceased's habits or interests. In either case, I think a response to this will close off the action in this thread.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

So, obscene skill totals.

The body of Erma Ryan / Serpent Person matches the feel of a lady with a taste for adventure. She had a few concealed weapons* including a derringer, and snippets of light armor under her outfit (mostly a bit of extra padding over her heart, and a strategically placed bible**). She appears to live alone, with a cat. In addition, you get +2 to find anything out of place in her apartment, because you have a long list of small things that should apply***. Unfortunately, she's not carrying anything out of place, and nothing that implies any additional mythos connection.

Of minor point, you have no idea if the killer knew she was a serpent person. If he did, he knew it before coming in. If not, he got lucky by using a particularly strong poison.
***: She has friends in a number of body-guard guilds and apparently gets into a lot of fights. Your impression was that she participates in an underground fighting ring, as most of the wounds are intentionally non-leathal. You got high enough, you're certain that's not because she regenerates or anything. You can also tell a lot of her diet and such, but those are fairly normal, and mostly used as a profile-fingerprint.
Veyska
Lunatic

Post by Veyska »

Beth will help Kin investigate the corpse for at least a little while; it at least seems to be a fairly clear-cut of 'death by poison' so she's mostly just taking notes for possible future reference. After that she'll retire back to her own building, taking a sample (or all, depending on whether Kin wants some for further investigations of her own) of the poisoned tea to run a few tests on*.

(*Can't magically cure, but she might be able to pull a bit of further information out from it or whether it was doctored further than just the one already ascertained flavor of poison.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Unfortunately, at this point, all you can do is make it easier to identify later.

So, seems like a good place to wrap things up and move on to the next day...
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

While seated in the corner, Augustus will engage in an interspersed and somewhat intermittent commentary* of the events discussed at the Graveyard. He occasionally sips his tea, but spends most of the time in meditative silence.

While hardly the best at it, Bertie's monologue comes off as something between the narration of a radio crime-drama, and the barker for a sporting event. Given that he is listening elsewhere, he's about as attentive to his audience.

*: I'm not sure if Talking counts as "Taking other actions" for the purpose of ESP. If it does, it would drop my dice to exactly 0 for the duration of the distraction, hence my precaution about keeping the talking snippets brief.