Die Rolls

A board to post ideas and stuff. Rules proposals, half-finished characters, or just random chatter.
Joshua
Gibbering

Die Rolls

Post by Joshua »

So, not sure how to handle them... The goal is to minimize rolling by allowing a lot of "Take the Average" and "Spend a style point to up your die, so that if you take the average, you don't have to roll."

Beyond that, how does roll20 strike people? it would let people log on for a roll, and it keeps a record of rolls, so I could log in and double-check if there's an issue. any die rolls are died2-die, so... 5 dice is /r 5d2-5
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Re: Die Rolls

Post by kitsunenotsume »

A lot less overhead could be a Discord server (which are free to configure) with the DiceParser bot. I use it on a few of my chat channels pretty well, and it's straight-forwards to use, with rolls saved per the server settings.

http://www.rolisteam.org/discord.html
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

I have no idea how to set that up. I do have discord.
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

Here you go.

I've included a little anti-spam airlock, so members will need to be authorized manually for most of the server, but I've yet to encounter an issue with Discord getting unwanted folk.

https://discord.gg/kB6Azd6
kitsunenotsume
Missing Some Marbles

Post by kitsunenotsume »

Just a bit of a bump here, in case anyone missed it.

I set up a Discord server for the forums. Discord accounts are free to make, relatively robust, and available cross-platform. Primarily, it's a chat-network, but supports stuff like the dice rolling bits, voice, and other things, plus it's pretty safe.

If you poke at the Discord server link and log-in, you will be greeted by one chatroom (the Waiting Room) where you should be able to see some people with blue and yellow names. Either comment there or poke someone on the forums here, and we can get your name made blue and get you access to the other rooms. You will need to register your discord account (email-link) and exist for 5 minutes before you can post, but that is an anti-bot feature.

I've set up a few basic 'Lastfell' related rooms, for ooc coordination and dice rolls or IC, but we can also expand it out to other settings and games as needed. Or just discussions on random things in the General room.

If anyone has any questions about the server or needs help, boop me and I'll see what assistance I can provide.