Character Creation

A game Josh is starting
Joshua
Gibbering

Character Creation

Post by Joshua »

Races:
"Base 7" (That's: Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Human, plus Half-elf and Half-Orc)
Half-Orcs have a very specific origin in my game. Please ask if you're going to make one.
Feats are allowed. As such, the variant Human that get's a 1st level feat is allowed.

Classes:
Homebrew and alternate stuff should be run past me.
The Revised Ranger is allowed.
The warlock has managed to unseat the sorc as my least favorite class concept. They sorta fit the bad guys though...
It IS possible to change your archtype in game, with varying degrees of pain and effort... This holds especially true for Clerics and things that follow divine beings.

Attributes:
Either: {15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8} or 27 points. Both in the main book.

Backgrounds:
In addition to what background you choose, you should have an idea if you're from the main town or not.
Other areas are less important.

Choices on your sheet have a 1 - 2 (ish) game grace period... if you have buyer's remorse. Your character has had his entire life to choose a favored enemy or that spell he finally managed to puzzle out. You, on the other hand, are playing a game, and if you make a poor choice, let me know, we'll fix it.

Most importantly: "Please, don't make me slap you."
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: Character Creation

Post by Joshua »

Re: Languages

The ones in the book seem fairly good. Some minor tweaks/notes:
  • Goblin and Orc use their own letters, not dwarvish.
  • Orc is the equivalent of Common for the humanoids in the game. (Goblin, Hobgoblin, Bugbear, Orc and Ogre.) (Yes, Ogre isn't of the humanoid-type.)
  • Most undead simply speak what they did in life. A good chunk of them knew Common.
  • The ruins in game are mostly Common, Elvish and Dwarvish, with a smattering of Draconic and Celestial.
  • Draconic is the semi-equivalent of Latin for wizards.
  • While there are few Celestials in game, much religious writing is in Celestial or Abyssal.
  • Due to the nature of the game-gods... Devils are kinda rare. They don't currently have an evil god that uses them for servants. (I'll let you know if that changes.)